Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

What would the reaction be if Ashley still held onto SD sponsorship around the ground for free for the next ten years?

Wouldn't bother me tbh, long as he was nowhere near the football

What would the reaction be if Ashley still held onto SD sponsorship around the ground for free for the next ten years?

Why entertain that thought when you don't have to?

Here's a better one:

What would the reaction be if Ashley was taking a farewell walk round the stadium and one of his cheap SD signs fell down and decapitated him Omen style?

Guest godzilla

Here's a better one:

What would the reaction be if Ashley was taking a farewell walk round the stadium and one of his cheap SD signs fell down and decapitated him Omen style?

Aye and bury him with the fucking jackal also

10 years is far too long. 2 years I could stomach just to be rid of the parasite, but 10 years is unacceptable

Loved Jonas as a person and for his workrate, but fucking hell he was abysmal at crossing and shooting football. :lol:

Fixed

Well, yeah. There is that. :lol:

Aaaaaaand that's bollocks. Abysmal ffs.

Totally on board with having Jonas involved, but as has been mentioned, it just has to be a minor/liaison role. Get him to him to have a word with any Spanish-speaking South Americans we're scouting and help sell the club to them.

Shearer can have similar -very limited - role. Looking at a kid who's been banging them in at youth level? Let the league's all-time leading scorer and boyhood fan have a word. Doesn't need to be owt more.

I think getting club favourites involved is fine but only in ambassadorial roles otherwise it turns into a "jobs for the boys" style thing which has Shola in the loan managers role.

For the likes of Keegan, Hughton, Jonas, Rafa and even to a lesser extent the likes of Rondon, Enrique, Barton - players who were treated poorly by the Ashley administration but have since professed their love for the club - should be brought back as half time hero, guest of honour or whatever during home games. Would be quite cathartic that IMO.

Loved Jonas as a person and for his workrate, but f***ing hell he was abysmal at crossing and shooting football. :lol:

Fixed

Utterly ludicrous.

I honestly think some of the latter day fans really don't know the true meaning of abysmal, as far a footballers go.

Guest Howaythetoon

Nah, I want people with actual skills, actual qualities and with real credentials working for, with and at the club. KK aye, but a Jonas? Shearer? What next Steve Bruce DOF?

I’m not against training up someone or employing someone who can develop and learn a role, job or skill set, but not under a jobs for the boys kind of criteria.

Jonas represented Argentina in the World Cup. Right, he was "abysmal at football".    ???

Picked at RB by Maradona who was almost certainly off his fucking chops.

He was a grafter but was pretty limited beyond that tbf.  Still loved him though, especially for that goal and celebration v West Ham.

Loved Jonas as a person and for his workrate, but f***ing hell he was abysmal at crossing and shooting football. :lol:

Fixed

Utterly ludicrous.

I honestly think some of the latter day fans really don't know the true meaning of abysmal, as far a footballers go.

Tbf they'll have seen Emmanuel Riviere playing up front on his own, so they should had a good base to work with...

Nah, I want people with actual skills, actual qualities and with real credentials working for, with and at the club. KK aye, but a Jonas? Shearer? What next Steve Bruce DOF?

I’m not against training up someone or employing someone who can develop and learn a role, job or skill set, but not under a jobs for the boys kind of criteria.

We're talking about ambassadorial roles, going to functions and events here and in China, Australia, USA etc. and representing the club, promoting the brand. It's what most big clubs do with ex players etc.

Man United for example have Sir Alex Ferguson, Sir Bobby Charlton, Gary Neville, Andy Cole, Bryan Robson, Peter Schmeichel, Park Ji-Sung and Nemanja Vidic in this type of role.

Jonas in this type of role promoting Newcastle United in South America would be wonderful.

Jonas and Enrique dovetailed up the left wing better than anything I've seen in black and white. They weren't necessarily the best players but they were pretty fucking good together for a season or 2.

Guest Carrick18

Jonas was a defensive winger. It wasn't necessarily about what he created/scored, it was about providing cover on transitions, advancing the ball up the field, and freeing up some of the more attacking players.