Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

As long as the legends aren't involved in any decision making, good stuff. 

Really?

So you would be annoyed if we had say Shearer/Keegan or even someone left field like Dabizas/Ginola helping a manager recruit players? Or helping make sure a manager is getting the right support in terms of investment? Or as a middle man between the board and the coaching staff? Or as someone who could advise the board on whether the manager is doing a good job?

Ultimately, it's not about whether they were an ex club legend but more about whether they are a moron. It would be light years from the current set up.

Would love to bring Jonas back as a sort of half time hero when the stadium is full again.

Ah fuck I'd love to see Jonas in SJP again, not in any kind of role, just to give home applause.  Absolutely loved the bloke.

He deserves it. Was treated like shit for by the current regime and wasn't given a proper send off. Always gave his absolute best and clearly has a huge affection for the area.

Same. I would go as far as to say he is the NUFC player in the time I have known (mid 90s until now) that has had the best work rate and covered the most ground. Other notable candidates and mentions of the top of my head would go to Bellamy, as much as he was a sod there was a 2/3 year spell where he was non stop and maybe Speed? He always seemed to be box to box

Ambassador roles would be best for any ex players I think, think the ones mentioned such as shearer have to big a personality to worm alongside a top manager and we don’t want fall outs and fans kicking off and siding with ex players over managers.

I'll never have any ill-will towards Shola - he's forever the apple eating mackem slayer.

Our collective fans' obsession over having former legends have active roles within the club needs to be watered down IMO. Legends can and should be honored with ambassadorship etc, but it would be highly disrespectful to a world class manager if they had to deal with that disruption and noise.

Said the other day that I felt like Shearer knew something. Hes hardly said a thing RE takeover and then he made that comment about winning trophies.

Wouldnt shock me if Staveley goes to him for chief exective/DOF role. Would be a PR masterstroke.

PR maybe but if you want him in Chief exec then that’s a big call. No experience at all.

I'm deep down annoyed at how obsessed this club is with going back to the past rather than looking ahead.  :lol:

Who's obsessed?

No one person, but it just feels that in general. Here's actually alright, but in wider twitter terms etc its always "We should get such and such ex player in to teach this to the current squad" To the point where I've seen a full article saying our first singing should be Rondon after this

Guest The Little Waster

I definitely don't want Shearer in any role of power/responsibility.  Experienced heads needed and he's not it.

Put him in charge of the kids

Loved Jonas as a person and for his workrate, but fucking hell he was abysmal at crossing and shooting. :lol:

Unless he was playing against Wolves

or west ham

Would love to see Shearer back as it's much deserved.

Not sure how it would conflict with him being a pundit. Doubt he would want to do both and not sure if he could?

Nope.

Anyone gets a role then it’s part of a strategic plan on merit.