Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Interesting

:lol:

You gotta respect the hustle.  No doubt just negotiated a nice little pay rise at his current job based on the NUFC interest, while proceeding to charge NUFC a fee to find an alternative.

If he won’t join we should go for Eduardo Macia he was head of recruitment at Leicester & signed

Maguire

Soyuncu

Pereira

Ndidi

Tielemans

Maddison

Rafa Benitez took Macia from Valencia to Liverpool and has a good working relationship with him Staveley could appoint Macia as sporting director & have Rafa as coach and it would align well.

The fact he had such a great recruitment success recently with Leicester could make him high on their options list.

For fuck sake, when did you get back?! Just when you thought this thread couldn't stoop any lower.

Guest neesy111

Wonder if the Saudis will look at Eddie Howe for the job.  He's done a cracking job down at Bournemouth and probably deserves a shot at a big club.

Yes he does.

Howe has been terribly unlucky this season with injuries and limited funds, but unfortunately for us I think he’s got his sights on the England job.

Closest thing to SBR you’ll get these days.

Guest reefatoon

You could see Ashley ringing up every day saying "where's my money, where's my money, where's my money"

Howe has been terribly unlucky this season with injuries and limited funds, but unfortunately for us I think he’s got his sights on the England job.

Closest thing to SBR you’ll get these days.

Think he needs one more job (probably from the Leicester/Everton/Wolves level) first. We’d probably fall in that category too if we got taken over but they’d likely go for a ‘name’.

I’m probably reading to much into Caulkins tweets today, however he seems to have a more positive tone on these checks being completed than at any stage recently. I’m probably just desperate and reading to much into it like.

Wonder if the Saudis will look at Eddie Howe for the job.  He's done a cracking job down at Bournemouth and probably deserves a shot at a big club.

Not a chance - they’ll want a proven big name!

Howe is seriously overrated. I really don't understand the media hype he gets.

He’s taken a club from dying on its arse near the bottom of the 4th tier, to a respectable lower mid-table Premier League team who play good football. It’s going against him a bit this season but he’s been class imo.

He’s taken a club from dying on its arse near the bottom of the 4th tier, to a respectable lower mid-table Premier League team who play good football. It’s going against him a bit this season but he’s been class imo.

Truth is in the middle. He deserves praise overall for the job he's done, but they concede far too many goals, and have done so for several seasons.

Could be a case of being there for too long, most managers (with a few obvious exceptions) do have a shelf life at a club where the same methods just don't work as well anymore