Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest awaymag

Am I being thick? Is the suggestion that if the PL approve the deal, BeIn will stop broadcasting PL games in the MENA region (despite still having the rights)?  :lol:

And it's being suggested they've pulled the plug on Serie A as some sort of threat? Although there's other reports Saudi now have Serie A rights instead?  :lol: :lol:

I think that's whats being suggested aye.  Sounds mental, hard to believe they could be so irresponsible, so there must be more to it surely.

If this is as Edwards suggest then I have never seen a tail wag the dog so much as Being is doing to the PL.  I hope the PL basically tell Bein where to shove it the next time the rights come around.

This happened on Saturday:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/soccer/qatari-broadcaster-lets-screens-go-blank-on-italian-soccer/ar-BB15LsNG

BeIn’s particular grievance with Serie A reached a tipping point when the league decided to play some exhibition matches in Saudi Arabia despite the broadcaster urging it not to.

Nahhhhh, that makes far too much sense. It's definitely a demonstrative threat to stop showing the PL games they've already paid for, in order to stop the takeover of Newcastle United.

BeIN spitting their dummy out and stamping their feet isn't going to endear them to the PL I'd imagine. There's only 80 fixtures left this season before it all starts again. If that's their play obviously.

BeIN spitting their dummy out and stamping their feet isn't going to endear them to the PL I'd imagine. There's only 80 fixtures left this season before it all starts again. If that's their play obviously.

TBH if it had anything to do with us they would have blacked out the PL as a threat this weekend, before our deal was likely to go, it’s no use to them after the PL has cleared our deal.

For all they’ve turned serie a off, the difference is that a Saudi tv channel has already purchased the right for serie a next season.

There is no way they would just turn off the premier league for the remainder of their deal, as a company they are already struggling and people would simply cancel their subscriptions.

My only concern is that if the premier league continue to dither pif will walk away. These letters issued by Saudi authorities yesterday are clearly aimed at breaking the deadlock. I can’t see them hanging on forever if the premier league continues to indulge bein and allow them to put a new obstacle in the way every week.

The premier league’s time to approve is now, they’ve got their concessions from Saudi Arabia and can come out of this looking like they’ve got a win. If they continue to delay now It can only be concluded that they are hoping pif will walk, and save the spineless cnuts from making the decision.

For all they’ve turned serie a off, the difference is that a Saudi tv channel has already purchased the right for serie a next season.

There is no way they would just turn off the premier league for the remainder of their deal, as a company they are already struggling and people would simply cancel their subscriptions.

My only concern is that if the premier league continue to dither pif will walk away. These letters issued by Saudi authorities yesterday are clearly aimed at breaking the deadlock. I can’t see them hanging on forever if the premier league continues to indulge bein and allow them to put a new obstacle in the way every week.

The premier league’s time to approve is now, they’ve got their concessions from Saudi Arabia and can come out of this looking like they’ve got a win. If they continue to delay now It can only be concluded that they are hoping pif will walk, and save the spineless cnuts from making the decision.

PIF won’t walk.

Guest godzilla

Take the advice someone give me on Edwards, ignore the utter c***. He is the worst reporter there is by a country mile and that is saying something.

PIF won’t walk.

They’ll not wait forever either.

So Bein entire business model is to broadcast football, yet they are (or threatening to) walk away from deals that involve broadcasting football?

Sounds like the kind of shit you see on dragons den.

PIF won’t walk.

A few month isn't forever.

They aren't making these changes to just walk away from it.

Take the advice someone give me on Edwards, ignore the utter c***. He is the worst reporter there is by a country mile and that is saying something.

This^

He's a negative fucking weirdo. He thrives off winding up the fans of the club he covers. Wtf?

I blocked the weirdo ages ago.

Guest godzilla

PIF won’t walk.

Edwards trying to wind fans up and he fulfills his purpose as to why as you're clearly demonstrating. Ignore him man the cunt hasn't got a clue.

the new positive noises, the question is if SA have taken action against piracy because they hope that will appease the league, or if the league have said do this and we'll rubber stamp it. Both would bring positive noises from the SA side (whom has to be said the ones who seem to be talking incessantly to journos), hopefully it's the latter of course.

PIF won’t walk.

A few month isn't forever.

They aren't making these changes to just walk away from it.

and with the transfer window being put back till October, they still have plenty of time to strengthen.

I can see the PIF putting pressure on the PL if it’s not cleared this week, they will be saying “we have done our part, make your decision or talk to our lawyers”