Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Why would anyone expect more fans to not turn up if this falls through? This would be the one time in 13 years that it wasn’t Ashley’s fault so why would they not go back now.

Yeah I don't imagine this will affect many who were still going to games before Covid hit.

I feel like those saying they're truly 'done' if this doesn't happen are mostly the same ones who already weren't going to go to anymore games and only started getting drawn back in because of the takeover rumours. Although the only reason I believe that is because I fall in to that category.

Why would anyone expect more fans to not turn up if this falls through? This would be the one time in 13 years that it wasn’t Ashley’s fault so why would they not go back now.

Yeah I don't imagine this will affect many who were still going to games before Covid hit.

I feel like those saying they're truly 'done' if this doesn't happen are mostly the same ones who already weren't going to go to anymore games and only started getting drawn back in because of the takeover rumours. Although the only reason I believe that is because I fall in to that category.

Yep that’s the category I am in as well.

Every time Yorkie posts, I am gagging for a big slab of Stilton. Such a fucking tease that is.

Is that because of the new avatar or is it something you've felt for a while

Guest reefatoon

Every time Yorkie posts, I am gagging for a big slab of Stilton. Such a fucking tease that is.

Is that because of the new avatar or is it something you've felt for a while

bit of both.

Everyone critical of Saudi Arabia is of course a Qatari bot, as the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has done no evil in it's history.

The defense of Saudi Arabia is really bizarre, I hoped that the fans would be capable of being critical and/or reflected regarding this takeover and Saudi Arabia, but that has proven to be a hopelessly naive thought.

I've spent countless months working in Saudi, I know enough of their failings first hand (and good points) as a country, and I'll certainly be critical of them when appropriate. There's lots wrong with Saudi Arabia politically. But you know what? I judge the owner of my football club on the basis of how they run the football club.

Mike Ashley has catastrophically failed there.

I'm not a journalist, I'm not an MP, I'm not an Amnesty International activist. I'm just a football fan, and Newcastle are my club, they always will be. Ultimately, my primary judgement on the owner of my club will be based on how they run that club. Provided that aspect is done well, I'll leave the finger-pointing and tutting to those whose job it is to tut and point fingers at those other things. I will probably even vocally agree with them whilst they do it, but I can let shit slide to a large extent if we're being well-run. And by well-run, I couldn't give a toss about winning anything, I just want a well-run club which tries its hardest to compete and uses its own revenue to reinvest in its facilities and staff. If the British government see fit to keep trading with the Saudis and the Queen will have lunch with them, then why should football fans be expected to hound them out and deny themselves the pleasure of supporting a team which is being well-run and hell, may even win something for the first time in the memory of anyone who doesn't actually need drugs to survive?

What I've had over the last decade and a bit is a shell of a club, with a man owning it stripping all the revenue out of it so the club shops are just re-badged Sports Directs and we get nothing from the sales, we don't get the catering money, half the adverts are for SD with him paying a token fee for the privilege. He just uses us as a glorified advertising hoarding for his tatty, chav sports shops, targeting 17th each year whilst spending the least he humanly can just so he can keep that advertising hoarding on TV whilst stating openly that trying to win a cup doesn't make economical sense ffs. Screw enduring even a single second more of that, it's fucking miserable.

If this goes through I may hate the new owners for their politics, but I'll take them gladly to end a decade of hating the whole club which is far worse, so that I can fill what has frankly become a void in my life on match days. I'll take so that I can stop wanting my own team to lose because getting out of the Premier League for an extended period seemed the only way to get rid of Ashley so I could have a team that actually tries again, even if in a lower division, a team whose successes, however relative, and however modest would at least be something I could enjoy because the club would be trying to improve. Not being able to support your own football club is horrible, and it's not like most of us can pick another one either. I just want a team to support again, even if I can't support the owners. I just want to enjoy matchdays again, supporting a club that wants to be the best it can be. Football has always been a big part of my life from my childhood onwards, I've been stuck in limbo for a decade and that vacuum has been awful.

So no, I cannot and will not ever oppose this takeover.

Amen. Couldn't agree more.

I also worked in KSA many moons ago and know much about their shortcomings, the cultural differences etc but I'll tell you something, the UK is a million miles from perfect and any stones thrown by us would be from a glass house.

The world being a great big melting pot was once an optimistic thought.

I do share feeling that some are somehow making Saudi Arabia to be run by lovely guys by any means necessary up to and including chopping someone (spy or not) in an embassy are being a bit funny, but thing is to me the morality of saudi arabia is almost by the by. I ultimately think that any nation state buying a club and getting football clubs involved in geopolitical crap even by just being an advert is a bad thing. I will, as I have said before, be tremendously excited by ambition at the club, we do not live in an ideal world where this kinda shit is allowed, but even if it was some lovely country noone has anything against like New Zealand or something it's wrong and not in the long term interest of football. Football clubs should be about the fans and the region, not hey look how friendly a country on the other side of the planet are

Guest reefatoon

I do share feeling that some are somehow making Saudi Arabia to be run by lovely guys by any means necessary up to and including chopping someone (spy or not) in an embassy are being a bit funny, but thing is to me the morality of saudi arabia is almost by the by. I ultimately think that any nation state buying a club and getting football clubs involved in geopolitical crap even by just being an advert is a bad thing. I will, as I have said before, be tremendously excited by ambition at the club, we do not live in an ideal world where this kinda shit is allowed, but even if it was some lovely country noone has anything against like New Zealand or something it's wrong and not in the long term interest of football. Football clubs should be about the fans and the region, not hey look how friendly a country on the other side of the planet are

The thing is though, absolutely nobody is doing this at all. It's just a cheap untrue line trotted out by the "againsties" to wrongly label people who want it to go through. Everyone seems in agreement overall, but for some reason, some people just don't seem to be able to grasp people's reasoning for wanting it to go through, even though they have stated it pretty much on every single page though this whole desperate affair.

Assuming we pick up at least a handful of points before the end of the season, I've absolutely no doubt that the stadium will be more-or-less full again once it's allowed to be. And that's with or without the takeover. Evidence: the last 13 years.

I could never abandon football altogether, it's too ingrained in too many parts of my life, but the takeover not going through would obviously be a colossal blow in terms of supporting NUFC.

I’d probably continue as I have been since Rafa left. Look out for results, watch the occasional match on tv but all with a very distant feeling. It would just all feel fairly pointless really as we know what the remit would be. More of the same bullshit and I certainly wouldn’t go back to St James with Ashley there.

When Ms Cengiz talks about UK/Saudi arms trade and other sports deals with as much focus as this takeover, then I’ll believe she isn’t a Qatari/Bein plant.

You'll have a long wait, not least because her Quatari paymasters also buy arms from the UK.

Guest neesy111

Took the EPL since 4th March to charge Dier today. So hopefully this will be done in time for start of next season :lol:

The dier charge was in the FA cup..... So an FA matter.

Took the EPL since 4th March to charge Dier today. So hopefully this will be done in time for start of next season :lol:

The dier charge was in the FA cup..... So an FA matter.

They’ve had even less to sort :lol:

I see the UK govt has given the green light to resume arms sales to Saudi Arabia justifying this with assertions that any civilian deaths caused by air strikes were accidental.

Well that's a shame but the economy and all that.....

If the takeover falls through then it's unlilkely to mean a significant decrease in home attendances from those pre-Covid. However that also means that the club is still in a position where it now needs to give away 10K free season tickets to fill SJP. And what that also means is that those 10K who walked away last summer will be those who are now saying if the takeover collapses they are done with football altogether. Which means that the club has a long term problem of having to fill 10k seats with full-paying customers. Whereas before a departing Ashley may have seen the 10K return it will now be the case that not even that happening will get them back. For those people their grievances will now run even deeper than just getting rid of Mike Ashley.

Is it me or has it been really quiet lately around this from supporters? Guess there not much more to be said really.

Because it's gone way way way passed anything we ever expected.

I used to be glued to here and twitter when it all started, now I hardly even check at all. The PL have made a fucking mess of this.

Guest awaymag

Is it me or has it been really quiet lately around this from supporters? Guess there not much more to be said really.

Because it's gone way way way passed anything we ever expected.

I used to be glued to here and twitter when it all started, now I hardly even check at all. The PL have made a fucking mess of this.

I think something will leak tomorrow (gut feel only)- once the Man City game is out of the way.  If still silence then I honestly think the media should be starting to ramp up the pressure.  NUFC is in total limbo while PL are too gutless to make a decision.

Is it anyone who even know why the holdup of the takeover is?

Is it human rights, piracy, tv-deal or what?

If it's human rights, I don't think that has anything to do with if they could be able to own a football club.

If it's piracy, I thought they had put an end to beoutQ and that would be solved.

If it's the tv-deal, that has nothing to do with NUFC. It's a seperate deal and should not stop them from buying NUFC.