Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Saudi Arabia has a population of 34 million, they aren't all involved in what happens in Yemen or getting rid of journalists, so people wearing tea towels isn't a big deal

Defending the SA regime and attacking Hatice Cengiz is just wrong though

They would be wearing the tea towels in tribute to the people who are bombing Yemen and getting rid of journalists though

If you want to make that leap then go right ahead but I couldn't disagree any more

Right so it's just a coincidence the tea towels come out after we get taken over by the Saudi government

Kid you're so far off base its embarrassing

Yet you can't form any kind of sentence to explain why :lol:

Guest The Little Waster

" But I won't glorify Saudi Arabia, I won't be holding up a Saudi flag or dressing like a daft c*** with a tea towel on my head. I won't personally promote Saudi Arabia. "

If fans do that its probably with the best of intentions , most people are not political really . To call fans who might stick a tea towel on their heads c***s says more about you quite frankly than it does them

Why? It's inherently cuntish. They would be c***s for doing it. You have a nerve like, weren't most of your previous posts calling our fans worse than s***?

Only in your opinion ...

I called fans morons for doing something only morons would do ... keep buying season tickets under Ashley and accelerating the destruction of their own club .

Somebody sticking a f***ing tea towel on their head is neither here nor there as regards the club or Saudi Arabia and if you can't see that then you need help ( imo : )

I’d say it was way more moronic to stick a tea towel on your head than just buy tickets for a match. You can’t act all high and mighty now when you’ve been calling fans all sorts for ages

Lol cost of sticking tea towel on head - 0 pence , cost of season ticket £600 ( approximated ) do me a favour and grow up and get real

What has money got to do with it? Your idiotic logic is annoying.

Paying £600 per season to help destroy your  own club versus hoying a tea towel on ya head for nowt and affecting nothing and no one ....

Want me to walk you through it again ? 🤪

Guest reefatoon

So...............

Ashley's almost gone, eh

:lol: Aye it’s good news hey. You think they have people lined up in place to come straight in? DoF, manager etc? Wonder where they will go first. Looking forward to hearing their plans.

Guest The Little Waster

Saudi Arabia has a population of 34 million, they aren't all involved in what happens in Yemen or getting rid of journalists, so people wearing tea towels isn't a big deal

Defending the SA regime and attacking Hatice Cengiz is just wrong though

They would be wearing the tea towels in tribute to the people who are bombing Yemen and getting rid of journalists though

If you want to make that leap then go right ahead but I couldn't disagree any more

Right so it's just a coincidence the tea towels come out after we get taken over by the Saudi government

Kid you're so far off base its embarrassing

Yet you can't form any kind of sentence to explain why :lol:

The fact you can't read isn't my problem 😂

Anyone remember him who regularly went to toon games wearing mock Arab head dress? Never seemed to get any grief over it. I might be one of the 'uneducated' on here. I don't  follow middle eastern politics but is it only recently the Saudis have become wrong'uns?

Guest godzilla

Anyone remember him who regularly went to toon games wearing mock Arab head dress? Never seemed to get any grief over it. I might be one of the 'uneducated' on here. I don't  follow middle eastern politics but is it only recently the Saudis have become wrong'uns?

Mate of mine 'the Geordie Arab' he still does.

Considering George HW Bush invaded Iraq at the behest of SA in 1991... no, not recently. Nowadays, they do their warmongering for themselves.

(Sorry, one for the chat thread, but the question was asked)

Guest reefatoon

Personally don’t know who comes across as the biggest cunts. People wearing tea towels or people spending hours arguing about tea towels.

So...............

Ashley's almost gone, eh

:lol: Aye it’s good news hey. You think they have people lined up in place to come straight in? DoF, manager etc? Wonder where they will go first. Looking forward to hearing their plans.

I can't wait man. I'm sure they have people in mind, although it maybe won't all fall into place straight away. With Cabbage Heed having until the end of the season (who knows when that'll even be) they'll have a bit of time to solidify things. The next few months should be very exciting.

I would love to see the club go from the mess it's currently in to a well run outfit with a board, a director of football, a top manager, some (sensible) marquee signings, a great scouting network, an academy that churns out top talent and a training ground worthy of a premier league team (so no wheelie bins or paddling pools). That and the fact that there's a real opportunity for the owners to breathe new life into the area as a whole makes this an absolute no-brainer for me.

Guest reefatoon

So...............

Ashley's almost gone, eh

I can't wait man. I'm sure they have people in mind, although it maybe won't all fall into place straight away. With Cabbage Heed having until the end of the season (who knows when that'll even be) they'll have a bit of time to solidify things. The next few months should be very exciting.

I would love to see the club go from the mess it's currently in to a well run outfit with a board, a director of football, a top manager, some (sensible) marquee signings, a great scouting network, an academy that churns out top talent and a training ground worthy of a premier league team (so no wheelie bins or paddling pools). That and the fact that there's a real opportunity for the owners to breathe new life into the area as a whole makes this an absolute no-brainer for me.

Totally agree with you. I think there will be a constant stream of positive news from the off, plenty of information/interaction and things moving forward. Going to be unreal reading about it all.

Still doesn’t feel real that we could be on the verge of getting rid of fat Mike. Thought he’d be here for decades. He has well and truly sucked any joy out of being a Newcastle United fan, his lack of respect for the fans and the city has been disgusting.

Shola Ameobi, Bobby Concur, Peter Beardsley....I hope people don’t forget the effort these three bastards went to cover For Ashley as he destroyed us.

So...............

Ashley's almost gone, eh

Totally agree with you. I think there will be a constant stream of positive news from the off, plenty of information/interaction and things moving forward. Going to be unreal reading about it all.

100%. I took out a year's subscription with The Athletic a few days ago in anticipation of their coverage of the new owners as I'm guessing with Caulkin being friendly with Staveley he'll likely get an interview with her. Caulkin writing about a new, rejuvenated, ambitious NUFC should be great to read.

I'm checking this thread, the Reddit takeover megathread and twitter (not that checking the NUFC hashtag on twitter does much good) constantly as for the first time in 13 years I'm daring to dream again. The wait for an announcement is driving me mad :lol:

Pretty much everyone is a hypocrite in how they go about aspects of their life. It's nothing new - and will be the case here for many.

It will be for me for sure. I'll be overjoyed at the end Mike Ashley's disastrous tenure, I'll be excited about us becoming a proper football club again, one that will attempt to be the best it can be. I'll be at St. James' Park, I'll celebrate when we win. I'm going to enjoy the football again. I'll judge Newcastle United on what Newcastle United does.

But I won't glorify Saudi Arabia, I won't be holding up a Saudi flag or dressing like a daft c*** with a tea towel on my head. I won't personally promote Saudi Arabia.

I know why they are investing in our club. It's a little uneasy, but we don't chose our owners. We didn't chose Mike Ashley. We don't have a say really. We're certainly not a fan base that can unite in any way against anything - hell if we can't unite against how Ashley has ran the club god help us. No one tells Newcastle fans what to do when it comes to going to the match do they.

I'll be uneasy about it. I'll have underlying concerns about Saudi Arabia and their human rights record but it will not dominate my mind and I will do very little about it (as is now). Supporting Newcastle United will not be a political alliance with Saudi Arabia. We support the football club not the owners.

I'll be a hypocrite. But that's normal. It's normal in every day life in many situations. Very very few people live a perfect absolutely life given the way the global economy works.

But I'll support my team with my eyes wide open. The worst thing about this so far has been the glorification of Saudi Arabia, the whitewashing of any concerns around their track record as a country. The abuse of Hatice Cengiz, and of Amnesty International and other human rights NGOs. It really isn't a good luck. It's f***ing embarrassing in fact.

This is strange, and everyone should make their own decision. That's mine, made with my eyes wide open. I'm a hypocrite. I'm comfortable with that.

Pretty much spot on and where I am. Think I posted similar few days back but in much less eloquent and very vague terms. Something to do with Amazon and a Houndstooth album by way of example but you nailed it much better.

Pretty much everyone is a hypocrite in how they go about aspects of their life. It's nothing new - and will be the case here for many.

It will be for me for sure. I'll be overjoyed at the end Mike Ashley's disastrous tenure, I'll be excited about us becoming a proper football club again, one that will attempt to be the best it can be. I'll be at St. James' Park, I'll celebrate when we win. I'm going to enjoy the football again. I'll judge Newcastle United on what Newcastle United does.

But I won't glorify Saudi Arabia, I won't be holding up a Saudi flag or dressing like a daft c*** with a tea towel on my head. I won't personally promote Saudi Arabia.

I know why they are investing in our club. It's a little uneasy, but we don't chose our owners. We didn't chose Mike Ashley. We don't have a say really. We're certainly not a fan base that can unite in any way against anything - hell if we can't unite against how Ashley has ran the club god help us. No one tells Newcastle fans what to do when it comes to going to the match do they.

I'll be uneasy about it. I'll have underlying concerns about Saudi Arabia and their human rights record but it will not dominate my mind and I will do very little about it (as is now). Supporting Newcastle United will not be a political alliance with Saudi Arabia. We support the football club not the owners.

I'll be a hypocrite. But that's normal. It's normal in every day life in many situations. Very very few people live a perfect absolutely life given the way the global economy works.

But I'll support my team with my eyes wide open. The worst thing about this so far has been the glorification of Saudi Arabia, the whitewashing of any concerns around their track record as a country. The abuse of Hatice Cengiz, and of Amnesty International and other human rights NGOs. It really isn't a good luck. It's f***ing embarrassing in fact.

This is strange, and everyone should make their own decision. That's mine, made with my eyes wide open. I'm a hypocrite. I'm comfortable with that.

Wonderful post. Puts my thoughts into words better than I ever could.

There is clear "excitement" shining out from many of the recent posts on this thread.

It is fantastic to read them.

People actually talking about the subject of this forum . . . FOOTBALL.

Oh, and of course Newcastle United Football Club in particular.

Very soon, very, very soon, all that pent up anticipated excitement will become reality.

Hold on tight everyone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!