Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest chopey

Did I miss something or was not another word uttered yesterday about that mysterious 2nd US bid ?

Henry Winter mentioned it yesterday on Sunday Supplement he said there was two bids but the story was not developed any further.

Did I miss something or was not another word uttered yesterday about that mysterious 2nd US bid ?

Henry Winter mentioned it yesterday on Sunday Supplement he said there was two bids but the story was not developed any further.

:thup:

I was expecting it to be all over social media yesterday.

Amanda Stavely's group have paid for exclusivity so nothing from other interested parties can happen until this bid falls through,  which looks very unlikely.  It's a none starter really. 

Saudi Arabia has a population of 34 million, they aren't all involved in what happens in Yemen or getting rid of journalists, so people wearing tea towels isn't a big deal

Defending the SA regime and attacking Hatice Cengiz is just wrong though

They would be wearing the tea towels in tribute to the people who are bombing Yemen and getting rid of journalists though

In your imagination bubba

Give me a different explanation so

Daft Geordie humour? Same way as you get pillocks dressing up as kangaroos to support Australia in cricket, or the Barmy army wearing silly costumes around the world supporting England. Not everything is meant to be taken seriously, even if it may look support for evil regimes to some eyes.I really think these people wearing tea towels are just having a laugh, I doubt their intentions are evil. Abusing Khashoggi's wife is a different level.

Daft Geordie humour? Great. Can't wait for them to start dishing out the lashes outside KFC at 2 in the morning. The lasses love that kind of humour.

Saudi Arabia has a population of 34 million, they aren't all involved in what happens in Yemen or getting rid of journalists, so people wearing tea towels isn't a big deal

They would be wearing the tea towels in tribute to the people who are bombing Yemen and getting rid of journalists though

Daft Geordie humour? Same way as you get pillocks dressing up as kangaroos to support Australia in cricket, or the Barmy army wearing silly costumes around the world supporting England. Not everything is meant to be taken seriously, even if it may look support for evil regimes to some eyes.I really think these people wearing tea towels are just having a laugh, I doubt their intentions are evil. Abusing Khashoggi's wife is a different level.

Daft Geordie humour? Great. Can't wait for them to start dishing out the lashes outside KFC at 2 in the morning. The lasses love that kind of humour.

Daft people are daft. Doesn't matter what the scenario, some fans will always go too far for a shit laugh without actually thinking it through.

I'd like to think it's just a case of them not understanding the consequences sometimes, bit I think a lot are just ignorant.

Every fanbase has them unfortunately.

been thinking about this recently, are all teams fanbases as split between daft arsehole cunts and normal, sensible people?  we seem to have soooooooo many dickheads like, it's untrue

remember years back going home and away they seemed very much the minority to me then

been thinking about this recently, are all teams fanbases as split between daft arsehole cunts and normal, sensible people?  we seem to have soooooooo many dickheads like, it's untrue

remember years back going home and away they seemed very much the minority to me then

Probably lost a lot of normals due to the Ashley effect. 

Guest alijmitchell

If by “daft” people mean ignorant arseholes then I totally understand the line of argument here

I think this is just societal. Happens as we progress to a later generation and those behind us come through who are wired differently. I'm gonna guess you're 30s/early 40s... I'm late 30s and see it everywhere. Example of a completely different environment but same effect is music festivals. From my perspective Reading in the late nineties was rough but friendly and had genuine feeling of community. Now it's a bunch of kids on ket burning down tents. I'm sure plenty of the kids who go would disagree.

If by “daft” people mean ignorant arseholes then I totally understand the line of argument here

It isn't an argument tbh, they're arseholes whichever way it's dressed up.

But I do feel we have a lot of dimple fans who just do shit thinking it'll serious rofls and it's quite clearly idiotic.

One of the main reasons I don't use Twitter at all tbh. Always found this forum to have the best balance of rationale.

I really don't understand the notion that our fanbase is somehow different, worse (or better for that matter) than other teams. Football fans are football fans. Yes, social demographics for certain areas play a part in 'differences', but the larger the fanbase, the less differences they are.

It was forever an argument under Ashley (hopefully one we can finally move on from), 'Team X's fans wouldn't stand for this'. When in reality Team X's fans would have behaved exactly the same.

Which is why I differentiated between the arseholes abusing Khashoggi's widow and the fans wearing towels on their head. Dressing up like a twat doesn't necessarily mean these lads would start doling out lashes outside the KFC at 2am. It's crass humour in all likelihood, and yes you can call it ignorance for want of a better word.

Not sure I fully agree with that assumption re fans behaving exactly the same re MA ownership.

Certainly up here the Rangers fan base was pretty unanimously solid in their actions against his involvement with their club.

I do think some other clubs may have managed a more unified and coordinated response than we ever achieved.

I also think the reaction of the press would have been different as well, and this could have had a more galvanising effect on fans too.

Again not because of any 'anti-NUFC' bias in the main (there isn't one in general, some idiots yes but not on the whole) but more with regards to maybe a top 5/6 club and how the media tends to be more 'protective' of them and their status and dealings than they are with other perceived 'smaller' and 'less important' clubs.

We are a bit of an odd fan base. Always have had a fair amount of happy to accept anything fans, maybe you are right in the respect of we are probably not alone in that. But I do think we are a bit more compliant than others in general.

All the main journalists have been incredibly quiet for the last 24 hours....

Maybe means all the letters have been written

I think maybe when they saw they were a vessel for Richards Keyes to spin the company line, they may have had second thoughts and backed off a bit rather than be associated with that geriatric spastic.

And also, if it’s almost certain to go ahead in the next few hours/days, some of them might well be resigned to it so if you can’t beat them, join them type thing.

Caulkin will eat at the table first but the fight will be on for the scraps as far as the press goes.

I can’t remember large scale walkouts and non attendances from Rangers fans. Sure there would have been some, but a lot of that would also be because they were playing in the lower leagues at the time.