Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Just seen Kay Burley asking some government representative what the government are going to do about the Saudis trying to take us over given their appalling human rights record.

The same government that paves the way for them to be supplied with £4bn Worth of UK manufactured weapons a year Kay? I imagine they’re going to do absolutely fuck all.

Next question?

The government want as little shouting as possible over the whole thing. They quickly bat any questions back which in turn leads to more of the same questions.

News agencies arent getting anywhere with it and will soon get bored

The government want as little shouting as possible over the whole thing. They quickly bat any questions back which in turn leads to more of the same questions.

Exactly! It would be a legitimate question if our government’s trade relationship with the Saudis wasn’t so well publicised. Asking it just makes them look so poorly informed and amateur-ish. What are they hoping to achieve?!

The Telegraph is reporting that the premier league clubs are set to go ahead with restarting the league on June 19th. Hopefully that speeds things up a bit for us once Project Restart is approved.

Careful now. STM[/member] will be along soon to laugh at you for talking sense like that.

The Telegraph is reporting that the premier league clubs are set to go ahead with restarting the league on June 19th. Hopefully that speeds things up a bit for us once Project Restart is approved.

Careful now. STM[/member] will be along soon to laugh at you for talking sense like that.

:lol: :lol:

You would think that, but it does seem that every time this is about to die down, someone new pops up with another objection, or another letter from the widow pops up. I think there is a determined effort to keep the opposition in the news until the decision is finally made public. The sooner we have it, then we can finally start hearing the end of it. Obviously there is always going to be critics, but it will become background noise after a while.

I cant see the government knocking back any investment into the country as we begin to creep out of the Covid crisis and we are in negotiations with the EU re a free trade deal.

:lol:

We can’t know for the sure if it will make a difference, but I imagine it will suit the premier league more if they announce this before we announce the takeover.

The return of the premier league will definitely overshadow any other football related news so it might keep away some of the negative press relating to us.

I cant see the government knocking back any investment into the country as we begin to creep out of the Covid crisis and we are in negotiations with the EU re a free trade deal.

Depends on how much influence the government has over this because it's got nowt to do with them. It's 100% (officially) a PL decision.

Depends on how much influence the government has over this because it's got nowt to do with them. It's 100% (officially) a PL decision.

The government have already said again this morning that it’s not for them to interfere with and it’s a Premier League decision.

Basically they are saying get it done.

As they have always said, the Government will not interfere in this commercial transaction and Premier League process

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/culture-secretary-oliver-dowden-insists-18267531

Guest reefatoon

Just seen Kay Burley asking some government representative what the government are going to do about the Saudis trying to take us over given their appalling human rights record.

The same government that paves the way for them to be supplied with £4bn Worth of UK manufactured weapons a year Kay? I imagine they’re going to do absolutely fuck all.

Next question?

I can't stand Kay Burley (not for that question). just her whole attitude and the way she goes on with her questions. Doesn't seem cutting edge at all, she just comes across as a rude, pig headed cunt. Really gets me annoyed when I see her interviewing people.

She butts in, talks over people, spits over people and tries to put words in to peoples mouths.

Im suprised she hasnt faced more criticism like this

Not a patch on that wench from channel 4 though

:lol: People are right fuckin fannys.

Stop putting timelines on it, stop having fuckin meltdowns because you wake up and it still isn't announced.  Not sure how Caulkin and anyone else puts up with it on there.

"I know I haven't heard anything to give me reason to believe this, but I don't think it's happening because I expected it to be done by now, comfort me George."

Fuck off.