Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

The training ground still has the building that housed the squash courts that I used when it was still the Civil Service Sports ground.  Played my best ever 11 a side football match there in 1982 when everything I tried worked.  Scored 4 goals and made 5 for a mate who used to be on the toons books as a youngster.

Was that when Monty was manager?

Well i told you once

And i told you twice

But you never listen

To my advice

🙃

How Jagger and Richards got 100% royalties from (The) Verve over this song should give us all hope what lawyers are capable of if takeover gets knocked back. Pleased if surprised they returned them 22 years later to Ashcroft.

Wasn't that version though Elfster, it was the Andrew Loog Oldham Orchestra, then Stones manager version.  It's on YouTube, but for some reason I don't seem to be able to post links on my phone at the moment.

bumped into Alex Mathie. its in the bag. shhh!

I bumped into Alex Mathie once in Whickham, he was as pissed as I have ever seen a person.

Did he mention the takeover? Is it done yet? Did he wink to suggest it's all good or did he nod to indicate a 'yes'? People need to know, it's just too much, surely he could have let on..... oh my God it must be off...... right I'm going to insult and fall out with loads of people I've never met on-line

It was about 1994............ so no

So around the same time this takeover started, then? :lol:

Well i told you once

And i told you twice

But you never listen

To my advice

🙃

How Jagger and Richards got 100% royalties from (The) Verve over this song should give us all hope what lawyers are capable of if takeover gets knocked back. Pleased if surprised they returned them 22 years later to Ashcroft.

Wasn't that version though Elfster, it was the Andrew Loog Oldham Orchestra, then Stones manager version.  It's on YouTube, but for some reason I don't seem to be able to post links on my phone at the moment.

Easiest payday of those lawyers lives tbh :lol:

Well i told you once

And i told you twice

But you never listen

To my advice

🙃

Easiest payday of those lawyers lives tbh :lol:

Allen Klein was still alive then as well. Anyone who knows his story will know he always got more than his share of the money.

My da always had a shit on match day if he needed it or not. I've just had a dump that could sink the Titanic. It's on, I can't say for certain when but my arse is telling me it's this week. I can feel it, obviously can't say anymore for fear of ruining it but it's on. My feelings about events have a causal relationship with what will happen. I'm thinking 5pm but can't say at the minute which day, or what the news will be. But you can quote me on this happening, I just can't say what it is.

Announcement coming next week.  Sorry I can't say more

The week starting tomorrow?

That’s the week I’m hearing

I too heard that next week starts tomorrow.

We need $150 million training campus.

It's a load of bollocks according to Caulkin.

Caulkin is becoming a God. What Paul Smith is saying might not be accurate but the general things he said is not off of what is going on.

We need $150 million training campus.

It's a load of bollocks according to Caulkin.

Caulkin is becoming a God. What Paul Smith is saying might not be accurate but the general things he said is not off of what is going on.

Nah, not a God but a journalist with a record of integrity and an inside line to Staveley.

Whereas I'd never heard of this other bloke till a week ago.