Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Out of interest, why do people associate the length of time this has taken with the likelihood of rejection?

More time for some new objections to be raised, or a spanner to be thrown into the works from left field. In reality no one really knows why it's dragged on longer than expected, we are all just guessing really. Most of the reliable sources seem to think it's going through. 

Out of interest, why do people associate the length of time this has taken with the likelihood of rejection?

More time for some new objections to be raised, or a spanner to be thrown into the works from left field. In reality no one really knows why it's dragged on longer than expected, we are all just guessing really. Most of the reliable sources seem to think it's going through. 

I think it is the natural pessimism to a large degree, if the FA were to reject it then there has to be a pretty robust legal defence of that position which would take a while.

Personally I doubt they have either the legal expertise nor the appetite to refuse it.  The Saudi/Staveley legal team would be pretty formidable I suspect

So the question next could be : Is it done by email or in print form and sent by courier? If its courier, is it to a UK address or a Saudi Arabia address? If it's in print format, do the buyers have to sign and return something? These are little formalities but this alone shows how a week or more can be lost, just in the transferal of documents.

Guest godzilla

Talksport + Luke Edwards

What a partnership :lol:

I think his tweets last week pretty much told us that he has no contact with the buyers at all; only with NUFC.

The bloke is an absolute fraud as a journalist.

So the question next could be : Is it done by email or in print form and sent by courier? If its courier, is it to a UK address or a Saudi Arabia address? If it's in print format, do the buyers have to sign and return something? These are little formalities but this alone shows how a week or more can be lost, just in the transferal of documents.

The premier league also has the meetings today and tomorrow over the restart again and over allowing contact training.

Element of risk and the fact that we're gaining nothing by the process taking longer.

I think it's daft to go on the way some are going on though, how do you become bored of something you are completely disconnected from and have zero control over?

Element of risk and the fact that we're gaining nothing by the process taking longer.

I think it's daft to go on the way some are going on though, how do you become bored of something you are completely disconnected from and have zero control over?

First time I've been in to check on this for a week, I'll come back when it happens, can't be bothered with the overall negative vibe. It's clearly going to happen, there's no grounds to stop it, we're in the middle of an epidemic, it takes as long as it takes. Trying to impose some asinine time limit on it is futile and does nothing for your stress levels, take a step back and do something else with your time, too many obsessives in here.

Guest Gazibaldi

I honestly cannot fathom how this sort of work can take this long to get through. They must be working through a page of documentation a day. Its paper work, emails and phone calls. If they don't have the resources to give the time it needs due to 'project restart', they should have hired a private firm to work it. I'm in the wrong racket. I'd get less time than this to design, implement and deploy something that automated this whole thing.

I honestly cannot fathom how this sort of work can take this long to get through. They must be working through a page of documentation a day. Its paper work, emails and phone calls. If they don't have the resources to give the time it needs due to 'project restart', they should have hired a private firm to work it. I'm in the wrong racket. I'd get less time than this to design, implement and deploy something that automated this whole thing.

:mackems:

Premier League to us:

tenor.gif?itemid=4802220

yeah this is highly complex legal and financial stuff involving different legal codes as SA is involved it was always going to take a fair bit of time and thats without taking into account a pandemic and trying to work out something to finish the league to put off potential refunds in the hundered of millions of pounds to tv companies and then you have the 20 premier league clubs squablling on how to finish the league. And your surprised its taking a while? And ultimately its a secondary priority for the league right now because once again the largest Pandemic in 100 years they have more important things to do right now and whether or not some rich saudis take over a club can wait

I'm honestly not even sure how I'm going to react if/when it's confirmed. This whole saga has just completely drained me of excitement. :lol: Think it'll more just be relief.

Guest Gazibaldi

yeah this is highly complex legal and financial stuff involving different legal codes as SA is involved it was always going to take a fair bit of time and thats without taking into account a pandemic and trying to work out something to finish the league to put off potential refunds in the hundered of millions of pounds to tv companies and then you have the 20 premier league clubs squablling on how to finish the league. And your surprised its taking a while? And ultimately its a secondary priority for the league right now because once again the largest Pandemic in 100 years they have more important things to do right now and whether or not some rich saudis take over a club can wait

Yawn, highly complex. Nothing is highly complex if you are trained and experienced in it. It's a purchase of a football club, not brain surgery. Like I said, if they don't have enough resources to handle this at the moment, you hire someone who does. There will be decent legal firms out there who would love to work on something like this. If they have the capacity to inject as much new capital into the game as is proposed they can't afford to let this just crawl along because 'pandemic'. Real big business doesn't stop because of this virus.

I stand by what I say. It shouldn't take this long. Now that doesn't mean I think it's gonna fail or anything. I just think the PL are getting shown up as incompetent fools.

I'm honestly not even sure how I'm going to react if/when it's confirmed. This whole saga has just completely drained me of excitement. :lol: Think it'll more just be relief.

I'd usually plump for drinking heavily and pulling my knob off, but thanks to Coronavirus I've had this covered for 9 weeks.

I'd usually plump for drinking heavily and pulling my knob off, but thanks to Coronavirus I've had this covered for 9 weeks.

:lol: Treat yourself to a day off when it's announced.

I think it is the natural pessimism to a large degree, if the FA were to reject it then there has to be a pretty robust legal defence of that position which would take a while.

Personally I doubt they have either the legal expertise nor the appetite to refuse it.  The Saudi/Staveley legal team would be pretty formidable I suspect

From all the noises we are hearing from those supposedly close to the buying side, the questions have all been answered, they are just waiting for an official sign off now. So my guess would be the PL are just poking around to see if there are any other loopholes they can examine to delay a decision which will no doubt raise a lot of negative press. I think it's going through, the PL are just dragging their feet to delay the inevitable backlash.