Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

That's providing there's no appeal, which there will be.

In summary, we're supppsee to believe they're waiting for a report with no legal standing, which they've had the evidence of for weeks  - and will most likely be postponed.

jesus fucking christ I am sick of people saying that anything negative written about this potential takeover is an "agenda"

Just what someone with an agenda would say, eh Miguel?

jesus f***ing christ I am sick of people saying that anything negative written about this potential takeover is an "agenda"

Absolute bullplop. Anything coming from Qatar directly or indirectly is an agenda. This includes, BeIN, Aljazeera and any journalists who have written pieces for local news there.

Journalists should be balanced in what they write, this is rarely the case though so how can you not accuse someone of having an agenda if they only write pieces from a pre determined conclusion?

I’m sorry but to think people do t have an agenda if ridiculous. The same Miguel Delaney wasn’t bothered about the potential takeover of Man Utd from PIF but all of a sudden when he is getting publicity like he’s never had before then he grows a huge conscience

Guest neesy111

I’m sorry but to think people do t have an agenda if ridiculous. The same Miguel Delaney wasn’t bothered about the potential takeover of Man Utd from PIF but all of a sudden when he is getting publicity like he’s never had before then he grows a huge conscience

Not this again, Wullie[/member] has posted plenty of tweets from him to show he was against takeover of MUFC.

Not this again, Wullie[/member] has posted plenty of tweets from him to show he was against takeover of MUFC.

Right ok then he may have had reservations about it but his constant tweeting of Newcastle fans was ridiculous. He should have just ignored them. Had you heard of him as a journalist before this all happened?

I'm liking the the tone of some of these journos that are somewhat putting blame for the delays on the PL and this turning into a farce. Bad publicity for the PL for no reason other than their own making.They come up with a test yet they're taking ages deciding if the answers for the test are correct or not. Plus, some journos are also highlighting what this is doing to NUFC supporters. Atleast its not all.about human rights and letters now.

Right ok then he may have had reservations about it but his constant tweeting of Newcastle fans was ridiculous. He should have just ignored them. Had you heard of him as a journalist before this all happened?

This is the whole point isn't it? Just because you've had no interest before now in reading about sportswashing and issues caused by spurious club ownership doesn't mean nobody else has.

Miguel Delaney has been writing and talking about this stuff for years and years, like this fantastic one largely about Ashley: https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/fight-footballs-soul-manchester-united-newcastle-greed-apathy-english-game-a9041066.html

I'm liking the the tone of some of these journos that are somewhat putting blame for the delays on the PL and this turning into a farce. Bad publicity for the PL for no reason other than their own making.They come up with a test yet they're taking ages deciding if the answers for the test are correct or not. Plus, some journos are also highlighting what this is doing to NUFC supporters. Atleast its not all.about human rights and letters now.

And that is probably off the back of Newcastle supporters making "pointless", "embarrassing" posts about the effect of the limbo the PL has put the club in on the club and its supporters.

If enough people post on social media / write to the PL about it, we do have the power to affect the narrative and at least make it more uncomfortable for the PL to keep the club in limbo.

Given after all of this time they're still answering questions this week and frustration seems to be building it isn't looking that promising is it? I know this is all guesswork but given the slight shift in narrative, particularly from Caulkin it doesn't seem like a takeover that is imminently closing to a positive conclusion does it? If you compare it to about 2-3 weeks back it looked like it was going to be a formality.

I think this is the first time I'm having a proper wobble over it.

Guest godzilla

Our boy Miguel Delaney saying the PL are waiting on WTOs verdict

Does this WTO report carry any clout in terms of whether they can reject the takeover based on what is said in it?

Have a look at the twitter link I posted previous page as it gives an insight to this

Just this second read it. I take it as the WTO report is nothing to worry about?

You can only really go off what he was saying and he worked there 15 years so obviously knows the 'ins and out'. Thought this part was particularly interesting:

Still a bit confusing as to what he's saying but I take it the WTO report means f*** all. If so, what the hell are they waiting for it for?

Exactly, but more to the point in question can the Premier League use this report 'legally' anyway to knock back the takeover.

'Legally' there doesn't seem to be any requirement in the OD test for there to be an actual conviction or other ruling with legal status. In theory the PL could take into account any evidence that they deem to be appropriate, however, they'd have to be sure it's robust enough to stand up to legal challenge if they were to reject on that basis.

Which is what I meant should have stated it better

It's getting about more than just fans unrest. No way we lose Matty had this already gone through. Players are in limbo and there is uncertainty with players and coaches. It will likely be an excuse for terrible performances coming up.