Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

2 minutes ago, Saudi Magpie said:

I am Saudi born and raised .. been keeping an eye on NUFC takeover since 2020 and was very disappointed when it did not happen. Hopefully now we all enjoy the success of the club.

Awesome :thup:

4 minutes ago, Saudi Magpie said:

I am Saudi born and raised .. been keeping an eye on NUFC takeover since 2020 and was very disappointed when it did not happen. Hopefully now we all enjoy the success of the club.

Were you a fan before the talk of a Saudi Takeover?

Reckon there'll be loads of Toon fans there now after this? 

3 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Were you a fan before the talk of a Saudi Takeover?

Reckon there'll be loads of Toon fans there now after this? 

I've always enjoyed watching Premier League for the quality of football and crowd atmosphere. I wasn't a fan of NUFC to be honest, but I always admired NUFC fans for their "true" support for the club and the movie (GOAL) haha! Now am very much interested in the success of this club and would love to visit St. James Park one day. 

On another note: I know that people compare Newcastle United with Man City (being a small club then became big), which we all know is crazy! NUFC is way bigger than Man City and many other clubs.

4 minutes ago, Saudi Magpie said:

I've always enjoyed watching Premier League for the quality of football and crowd atmosphere. I wasn't a fan of NUFC to be honest, but I always admired NUFC fans for their "true" support for the club and the movie (GOAL) haha! Now am very much interested in the success of this club and would love to visit St. James Park one day. 

On another note: I know that people compare Newcastle United with Man City (being a small club then became big), which we all know is crazy! NUFC is way bigger than Man City and many other clubs.

Good lad

manorpark, Whitley Mag, Jinky Jim and others, thanks for keeping the flag flying even when others whose Penn was mightier than the sword, and the Bald Orc were trying to drag us to the depths of Mordor. 

We won and the shire is safe again!

55 minutes ago, Saudi Magpie said:

Man City were always a potentially big club, just a massively underperforming one, much like ourselves. What separates us from them is we are a one club city, while they will always be the second club in Manchester. 

10 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Never had a problem with Man City before their takeover. If we do go down the same route I'd say that's the two sets of fans that most deserve it. The only two clubs whose support went up when they went down. 

I remember wanting them to beat Man Utd whenever they played them.

For their real fans I’m pleased for what they have achieved after falling so far.

Throughout our takeover process their fans have actually been quite level headed and supportive of our takeover.

1 hour ago, STM said:

Been on this forum since 2005. Been going to matches since 1994. Been suffering from footballing equivalent of limbo for 14 years. We've been through hell together. 

Know one knows what the future holds but it's a new dawn and I'm proud to be going over the waterfall with you guys.

I'm happy for myself but even more so for those of you who can go to games.  Someday I hope to get over there and walk to a game with all of you. 

14 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

We had some rocky moments but never lost faith. It was just meant to be. 

This club man.

WHAT A CLUB. 

Aye, its insane, hopefully thats the end of the ridiculous bollocks now and we can look forward to just being a well run club that isn't a fucking joke.

For all posters who keep positive the whole saga (18 months of it) while being ridiculed, threatened by banning (by mods who should be neutral), mocked, called so many ugly names: CONGRATULATIONS... YOU deserved it more than some negative posters.

I'm 75% this is going through now. 😉

But, it's so weird thinking positively isn't it? I'm really just not used to it.

Reet. Avoid relegation this year. Have a decent crack towards being in the top half of the table next year?

I'm guessing we probably don't need two takeover related threads now.

Since the Positive Optimism contributors have now been vindicated, we could probably close one of the threads (as by default they are now both in agreement that the takeover is happening).

Woke up and it isn’t a dream.

14 years of Ashley over and we now have owners who have promised to invest in the stadium, training ground, team and community. This is unreal. Hopefully the start of a United Newcastle after Ashley done his best to create division. Was amazing being at SJP last night too, what a fucking feeling this is. 

And hopefully the Bacon Sniffer is given his P45 sharpish. 

Alister McGowan on BBC Radio Newcastle: “it’d be harsh to sack Bruce just before his 1000th game” fuck off 

Edit: Wrong thread but IDC. 

Edited by Danh1