Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

5 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

How can you pass the whole court ruling off as nothing when it clearly shows that arbitration is paving the way for the takeover rather than just Ashley compo?

Arbitration would have likely started by now if we didn't contest the panel. I love a Manor Park quote and it really is just a case of "wait" at the moment as the process has to play out....but at least we know it is now 

I haven’t passed it off as nothing I’m clearly talking about hearing a result of the hearing. Has it even started yet? We’ve been told we’d hear something every month. Also the we were told we’d hear positive news regarding Qatar & Saudi coming to a deal on bein sports and again nothing.

I know we’ll hear when we hear but over a year wasted on this now

Edited by gdm

1 hour ago, gdm said:

Surely there has to be news coming out soon. Jan, feb, March and half way in to April with nothing 

Don't think we'll hear anything until safety is guaranteed, so might as well wait till the end of the season. 

2 hours ago, Wandy said:

Worthy of placement in this thread I think.

I am sticking with the idea that Ben Jacobs finally worked out that if he posts positive NUFC news, he gets a lot of attention and clicks.
I'm taking what he says with a pinch of salt.

38 minutes ago, Robster said:

I am sticking with the idea that Ben Jacobs finally worked out that if he posts positive NUFC news, he gets a lot of attention and clicks.
I'm taking what he says with a pinch of salt.

It’s arguable he got just as much if not more clicks by writing all the negative pieces a year ago.

If this gets put forward again I suspect we’ll hear little from BeIn/Qatar, whether this extends to the Khashoggi Widow remains to be seen though.

2 hours ago, gdm said:

I haven’t passed it off as nothing I’m clearly talking about hearing a result of the hearing. Has it even started yet? We’ve been told we’d hear something every month. Also the we were told we’d hear positive news regarding Qatar & Saudi coming to a deal on bein sports and again nothing.

I know we’ll hear when we hear but over a year wasted on this now

And next month we'll hear the same.

21 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

It’s arguable he got just as much if not more clicks by writing all the negative pieces a year ago.

If this gets put forward again I suspect we’ll hear little from BeIn/Qatar, whether this extends to the Khashoggi Widow remains to be seen though.

That's fair.
I am just very cynical these days and it feels like, for some reason, his attitude changed to be 'pro NUFC' having in the early days, been very much 'pro BEIN/Qatar'

Dont think anyone really expected this to be wrapped up before the end of the season after we got dragged into the relegation battle. If we heard rumours now that the PL were in the process of approving the sale Id be terrified that the other teams in the league would field their strongest team against us and playing their kids against Fulham (unless they were still fighting for a CL/EL/survival)

Lets just hope for survival and a great summer. If we manage to stay up and the deal still falls through we can just stop bothering until the next takeover saga

16 minutes ago, BergenMagpie said:

Dont think anyone really expected this to be wrapped up before the end of the season after we got dragged into the relegation battle. If we heard rumours now that the PL were in the process of approving the sale Id be terrified that the other teams in the league would field their strongest team against us and playing their kids against Fulham (unless they were still fighting for a CL/EL/survival)

Lets just hope for survival and a great summer. If we manage to stay up and the deal still falls through we can just stop bothering until the next takeover saga

James levels of speculation this.

1 hour ago, Robster said:

That's fair.
I am just very cynical these days and it feels like, for some reason, his attitude changed to be 'pro NUFC' having in the early days, been very much 'pro BEIN/Qatar'

At the time it did seem like that. He was just reporting things we didn’t want to hear, but he wasn’t wrong. In fact it pretty much went the exact way his reports suggested it would.

A lot of water under the bridge since then as far as the relations between Saudi and Qatar, still work to do but I think his reporting now reflects that.

He knows about as much as we do in terms of the arbitration but that’s a huge positive, no leaks etc. I’m not massively confident we’ll get what we want from it either (the arbitration). It could eventually go the way of the last ruling against us, a “soft no” as it were. But might leave some room for the PL to approach the test a little differently.

53 minutes ago, CalmintheChaos said:

@Rockerhas kept me going he said this club will be sold before a ball is kicked next season so that’s what I’m clinging too

Hope so, don't want to be in the stands watching 20 odd games of this shite again

23 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

Hope so, don't want to be in the stands watching 20 odd games of this shite again

Also said he would move in with me.  Told me to go look at a the house without him and let him know.  Never heard from him since despite sending messages.

:)

33 minutes ago, Slim said:

Also said he would move in with me.  Told me to go look at a the house without him and let him know.  Never heard from him since despite sending messages.

:)

You fucking mad cunt. I wouldn't move in with a fucking oddball like you. Get fucked.

Edited by Rocker

4 hours ago, BergenMagpie said:

Fulham are playing teams who have something to play for.

Arsenal will wants to try and finish above Spurs, I believe they are only 4 points behind them and could still qualify for Europe via the league.

Chelsea are in the Champions League top 4 battle and can’t afford to slip up, none the least because their game with Fulham is also a derby.

Burnley could be dragged into a relegation battle if they lose to Fulham, and that game could be where they are confirmed or pretty much confirmed as being safe.

Southampton are probably the team left who have little to aim for. At best they will be wanting to finish as high as possible in order to convince their key players such a Ward-Prowse not to leave for elsewhere.

Man Utd will likely have nothing to play unless Man City collapse, however Ole won’t be given the right to just sack off games.