Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

Anyone else heard this story about club shop staff being made redundant? People linking it with Ashley taking the shops off the HoF books and consequently the takeover taking a step forward.

3 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Anyone else heard this story about club shop staff being made redundant? People linking it with Ashley taking the shops off the HoF books and consequently the takeover taking a step forward.

If it was takeover linked they’d need to be tupeed across, couldn’t just make them redundant, at least I don’t think.

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

If it was takeover linked they’d need to be tupeed across, couldn’t just make them redundant, at least I don’t think.

Apparently staff have received a letter and they haven't been TUPE'd.

16 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Not if they are owned under HoF and not the club.

Not that I believe its linked to the takeover anyway

Edited by Hhtoon

28 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Where have you heard this ?

Guest neesy111
3 minutes ago, Ben said:

Sounds like a Ashley penny pinch to me 

No furlough now if they are allowed to open.

4 minutes ago, Pons Alias said:

The Reubens, apparently, are major investors in Castore.

Ownership[edit]

As of August 2020 the company has 33 shareholders with the largest being the two founders, each with 18.59%, and Monte Group (Jersey) LTD with 15%.[20] Other shareholders of the company include Robert Senior (former CEO of Saatchi & Saatchi), Tom Singh (founder of New Look) and YOOX Net-a-Porter Group investor, Arnaud Massenet, as well as the tennis player Andy Murray.[7]

15 minutes ago, Robster said:

This is NUFC. What do you think? :lol:

So, potentially good news, probably upset Rio Ferdinand, everyone hates us, potentially works out in the end 

It’s clearly bollocks by someone bored.

his son’s mate got this letter but no one can see it and he’s the only staff member that got it

bollocks 

Edited by gdm

7 hours ago, gdm said:

It’s not even news it’s a vague opinion 

Well, his opinion has been right almost all the way through this and is based on information obtained through his various contacts.

Your earlier post is a bit weird too.

7 hours ago, gdm said:

He had a thread an hour later he doesn’t know anything. He doesn’t know if it’s even started yet 

He’s clearly saying in that thread arbitration hasn’t started. The only thing he’s unclear of is whether both parties are ready to start.  

5 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Well, his opinion has been right almost all the way through this and is based on information obtained through his various contacts.

Your earlier post is a bit weird too.

He’s clearly saying in that thread arbitration hasn’t started. The only thing he’s unclear of is whether both parties are ready to start.  

Exactly he’s saying arbitration hasn’t started so there is no way he can have any info wether it’s likely to thru or not 

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Exactly he’s saying arbitration hasn’t started so there is no way he can have any info wether it’s likely to thru or not 

That’s like saying our game against Liverpool away hasn’t started yet, so I can’t possibly know what the result will be.

I do - best on an opinion I have developed. We’ll get smashed into next week.

That’s sort of how journalism works. He’s developed an understanding of a story based on research and speaking to his contacts. Maybe the PL have expressed doubts about winning, that’d give him confidence in our case.