Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

3 hours ago, thomas said:

Can we get a mod ruling on this? Literally a thread made SPECIFICALLY for potentially dopey/misguided - but ultimately harmless - optimism and hope should be a place where not all opinions are "aloud" just because someone wants to be a buzzkill.

I find it hard to believe these posters can't read a simple sentence such as the thread title, so they're either nor particularily gifted mentally or just want to be dicks for the sake of being a dick.

I'm gonna start going into the NFL thread and talk about what films I've recently seen, seeing as that is the thread logic we follow now.

Edited by Kaizero

4 hours ago, thomas said:

Can we get a mod ruling on this? Literally a thread made SPECIFICALLY for potentially dopey/misguided - but ultimately harmless - optimism and hope should be a place where not all opinions are "aloud" just because someone wants to be a buzzkill.

Aye this.

There’s two takeover threads for a reason to stop this, folk can choose their level of entry accordingly to keep things civil. Who knows they might eventually get merged back to one.

As always, no matter how shit you think someone’s opinions might be, please try to be civil. It’s mad easy just to ignore and click on something else or pop someone on ignore (and it works better) too.

6 hours ago, Happinesstan said:

Civility, you say?

I'll be civil when those on here respect others and myself that this meant to be a positivity thread about the takeover.   Its written in the title of the thread, its not hard to spot.  Why don't those of you that don't believe the takeover will happen, be civil and respectful and not post in this thread?  NUFC at the moment is a floating pile of turd, I could constantly go in other threads and just repeat that over and over again but I don't.  Why?  because it just brings the whole place down to that misery level.   Look at Twitter, the misery trolls have won and its just constant arguments and spoiling for a twitter fight.

I will tone down my comments but can those that don't believe in any positivity for the takeover, for the umpteenth time, please just let this thread be about its title.  Read it, laugh at us mental, in denial people but just let us be!

If this takeover happens, we want our ‘told you so’ moment with all the miserable gits who know for absolute certain that it’s off. GDM has to kiss Manor Park’s feet, STM has to get ‘Whitley 1’ on his new shirt and RS has to say ‘Keith is my daddy’ 99 times. And don’t anybody dare say to us, “We’ve just signed Haaland, can’t we all just get along?”.

13 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

If this takeover happens, we want our ‘told you so’ moment with all the miserable gits who know for absolute certain that it’s off. GDM has to kiss Manor Park’s feet, STM has to get ‘Whitley 1’ on his new shirt and RS has to say ‘Keith is my daddy’ 99 times. And don’t anybody dare say to us, “We’ve just signed Haaland, can’t we all just get along?”.

I'll wash my feet first . . promise! 

Hope you've had 'the jab' though GDM.

I don’t think it’s off tho. I’ve said pretty consistently that it’s in the balance and no one knows until there is an official ruling on it 

that’s why all these itk don’t sit well with me. I’ve no problem with positivity, god we need it but just don’t take the piss with obvious nonsense 

:thup:

Would like to say sorry for my source getting it wrong about the takeover in February.  Takes a big man to admit when he is wrong!

I have since complained to Uber about that taxi driver and asked if I can remove my original 4 star rating. Sorry for any distress this might have caused and I will be thinking about actions harder in the future.  Nobody is more disappointed than me but hopefully we can all rally together and support me in this tough time.

Thank you for your understanding.

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

This thread really shouldn't exist, I don't see why we can just discuss the takeover in one place. 

We should have two match threads. Leave the normal one but create a positive one for people to discuss how well we managed to keep the ball for the 12 minutes in the match we had it.

43 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

This thread really shouldn't exist, I don't see why we can just discuss the takeover in one place. 

You’ve obviously not been following this argument before....the reason we have a positivity thread is because we needed somewhere to go to try and be happy😀 and the other thread led some of us to be depressed. 

OK, firstly please be civil to each other, even if someone's not being optimistic in an optimistic thread. [emoji38] Away Mag's getting a warning - but not a suspension - for that post that was rightly pointed out as being pretty uncivil.

All I can suggest is if you're not of the optimistic persuasion but still read this thread, if someone posts a tweet or a comment that you want to reply to and say it's meaningless nonsnse born out of deluded blind optimism, or teasing of fans for the sake of twitter engagement, copy it into the normal takeover thread and discuss it there as depressingly/realistically as you want.

2 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

OK, firstly please be civil to each other, even if someone's not being optimistic in an optimistic thread. [emoji38] Away Mag's getting a warning - but not a suspension - for that post that was rightly pointed out as being pretty uncivil.

All I can suggest is if you're not of the optimistic persuasion but still read this thread, if someone posts a tweet or a comment that you want to reply to and say it's meaningless nonsnse born out of deluded blind optimism, or teasing of fans for the sake of twitter engagement, copy it into the normal takeover thread and discuss it there as depressingly/realistically as you want.

I would like to appeal the warning as I was provoked by some Gimps! :police:

Boo hoo, someone suggested that the takeover might not happen. Did I ruin the fantasy world that you lot are creating?

Its not even about the likelihood of a takeover, its about you lot burying your head in the sand and ignoring the truth because it makes you feel a bit better about life.

If I'm wrong and the takeover goes through, great and if there is an "I told you so" thrown in my direction, fine but I'd suggest that says more about where your priorities lie than mine.

Ban me from this fantasy thread if you like. Couldnt give a shite. Its about as close to a thread on reality as a thread about Harry Potter or Qanon. 

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Boo hoo, someone suggested that the takeover might not happen. Did I ruin the fantasy world that you lot are creating?

Its not even about the likelihood of a takeover, its about you lot burying your head in the sand and ignoring the truth because it makes you feel a bit better about life.

If I'm wrong and the takeover goes through, great and if there is an "I told you so" thrown in my direction, fine but I'd suggest that says more about where your priorities lie than mine.

Ban me from this fantasy thread if you like. Couldnt give a shite. Its about as close to a thread on reality as a thread about Harry Potter or Qanon. 

Brool story co.

There's absolutely no need to continue antagonising posters, just don't contribute to the discussion if it doesn't strike a chord with you. People 'living in a fantasy world' doesn't effect you in any way whatsoever, so just leave it alone; no one's going to miss the needless jibes and no one's going to miss the abuse which gets flung back in response. There's fuck all concrete evidence either way about the takeover, it's all conjecture and speculation, but it continues to be highly emotive: so anything you can do to not needlessly provoke shite patter on the forum would be appreciated, cheers. 

Just now, Yorkie said:

There's absolutely no need to continue antagonising posters, just don't contribute to the discussion if it doesn't strike a chord with you. People 'living in a fantasy world' doesn't effect you in any way whatsoever, so just leave it alone; no one's going to miss the needless jibes and no one's going to miss the abuse which gets flung back in response. There's fuck all concrete evidence either way about the takeover, it's all conjecture and speculation, but it continues to be highly emotive: so anything you can do to not needlessly provoke shite patter on the forum would be appreciated, cheers. 

Agree, but I do think it's odd for the forum to have a specific thread to accommodate talking about the same subject in a different way. 

That said, I am not a mod and I will never speak of this again :rose: