Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

1 minute ago, gdm said:

It’s absolutely nothing like that. 

also wasn’t that long ago he said on gallowgate shots podcast that the PL have a stronger case than us 

You do know things can change?

A bit like the confidence other journalists had in the summer, they received new information that put it in doubt and the messaging changed.

Jacobs is the opposite. He’s had consistently negative information about the takeover until recently. He’s also been spot on throughout.

Someone as well connected to him to Bein/PL saying it’s likely to go through is huge news. 

17 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

Then F**k off out of the positive thread you gimp!  Its called a positive thread for a reason.

Any need , you are aloud an opinion in any thread , no need to be abusive .

2 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

What do you know of the PL and our respective legal arguments to decide it's daft?

That neither involve any buyer, because the buyer very publicly withdrew from the process. 

There's nothing to indicate that our dispute with the PL would see the return of the buyer. Nothing at all. And that's before you consider that the PL may have an acceptable argument. Too many people simply assuming the club will win the legal dispute. 

2 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

That neither involve any buyer, because the buyer very publicly withdrew from the process. 

There's nothing to indicate that our dispute with the PL would see the return of the buyer. Nothing at all. And that's before you consider that the PL may have an acceptable argument. Too many people simply assuming the club will win the legal dispute. 

All the info including negative sources is that the buyers are still there, I do agree with your second point though nobody knows how the arbitration will go. Just hope it’s sorted in the next two months so everyone can move on full stop.

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

All the info including negative sources is that the buyers are still there, I do agree with your second point though nobody knows how the arbitration will go. Just hope it’s sorted in the next two months so everyone can move on full stop.

There's no actual evidence of it though is there? Other than a few accounts on twitter with an interest in keeping the story running for various reasons. 

11 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Ok, so you know nothing either then :lol:

9 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

There's no actual evidence of it though is there? Other than a few accounts on twitter with an interest in keeping the story running for various reasons. 

You want to believe that go for it, you’re entitled to that opinion.

48 minutes ago, GWN said:

Well yes there is actually.   This thread was set up because on the original takeover thread, any positivity was shot down by posters.  So this little thread was created for those that wanted to be positive about the takeover.  However that seems to be too complicated for some people to comprehend and still they have to come on this thread, with their negative slant on anything.  Now you're right it is opinions and a free world but for god sake why can't the negative people just accept there is a negative thread and a positive thread, and stick to the negative one.

Can't have people being positive, they can't help themselves, have to shit on their parade.  Why because they are gimps, that can't understand directions.  Just like the fuck wits that demonstrate against Covid lockdown without masks on, then wonder why the lockdowns go on for months and Grannie doesn't look too well.

But you are right, there is no need and its all about opinions.  Not my fault my opinion of the negative posters in a positive thread is.....GIMP!

Edited by Awaymag

59 minutes ago, GWN said:

Can we get a mod ruling on this? Literally a thread made SPECIFICALLY for potentially dopey/misguided - but ultimately harmless - optimism and hope should be a place where not all opinions are "aloud" just because someone wants to be a buzzkill.

32 minutes ago, Ben said:

Its on, Amanda has been down to companies house with her purse and paid £20 for something 

I paid it. Worth every penny to keep people’s peckers up. 

I don't know how people can think there is no takeover attempt and that the buyers are gone. You'd have to believe that Caulkin, Keith, Jacobs and all the other journos are lying or are wrong. You'd have to believe that the club letter regarding the aim of arbitration is a lie and you'd have to believe that Ghodoussi is tweeting out rallying cries for a laugh.

The simplest explanation for all that smoke is that Amanda's left the chips on and she's gonna burn the house down. Or something like that.

Edited by Candi_Hills

20 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

I don't know how people can think there is no takeover attempt and that the buyers are gone. You'd have to believe that Caulkin, Keith, Jacobs and all the other journos are lying or are wrong. You'd have to believe that the club letter regarding the aim of arbitration is a lie and you'd have to believe that Ghodoussi is tweeting out rallying cries for a laugh.

The simplest explanation for all that smoke is that Amanda's left the chips on and she's gonna burn the house down. Or something like that.

Cos they're thick as fuck and edgey.

Not saying it's going to happen obviously, but its clearly still rumbling on.

1 hour ago, Awaymag said:

Well yes there is actually.   This thread was set up because on the original takeover thread, any positivity was shot down by posters.  So this little thread was created for those that wanted to be positive about the takeover.  However that seems to be too complicated for some people to comprehend and still they have to come on this thread, with their negative slant on anything.  Now you're right it is opinions and a free world but for god sake why can't the negative people just accept there is a negative thread and a positive thread, and stick to the negative one.

Can't have people being positive, they can't help themselves, have to shit on their parade.  Why because they are gimps, that can't understand directions.  Just like the fuck wits that demonstrate against Covid lockdown without masks on, then wonder why the lockdowns go on for months and Grannie doesn't look too well.

But you are right, there is no need and its all about opinions.  Not my fault my opinion of the negative posters in a positive thread is.....GIMP!

I've got no problem with you protesting at the thread content of his post just the fact you find the need to call a fellow fan the way you do , bizarre but crack on if it makes you feel better. Shite in truth .