Newcastle United 2 - 2 West Ham - 05/07/20 - Post-match reaction from page 14

BlueStar

We've had 60% possession. Feel like they've been better, though.

Nah.

We've gone a bit flat, need HT whistle.

We've stopped pressing and are dropping off again, seems like it's hard to shake off the defensive mindset.

We were the better team until the water break.

Need to up the intensity in the 2nd half. Trouble is we are only getting 1 player in the box, get another player in there and they seem to fall apart.

I’d like to see Lazaro to come on and offer us a bit more pace. If we can have ASM and Almirón on until about 60th minute, then we could just run them into the ground.

We've had 60% possession. Feel like they've been better, though.

Nah.

We've gone a bit flat, need HT whistle.

We've stopped pressing and are dropping off again, seems like it's hard to shake off the defensive mindset.

Yup, West Ham absorbed our pressure, then took over from about 35min on.

Guest godzilla

Wham the much better team 1st half, we're lucky to still be in this.

Absolute bollocks  :lol:

We where the much better team in the first 25 minutes, and could have scored a few more, then in the last 20 West Ham really came into it, and probably ended the better team. Would say a draw is a fair result thus far.

Wham the much better team 1st half, we're lucky to still be in this.

Don’t get how you can watch that half and say we’re lucky to be in it. It’s the mostly evenly contested game I’ve seen in ages. Both teams playing decent.

Guest godzilla

The season is almost over and we still don't know what Joelinton actually does, where the f*** was he playing today.

Just don't see how anyone can see anything in him, he offers absolutely nothing

The season is almost over and we still don't know what Joelinton actually does, where the fuck was he playing today.

Seems to be playing out wide today, not done too badly overall. One outrageous piece of skill early on where he showed some nifty footwork before backheeling in the overlapping runner ( Krafth I think).

ASM aside, we're lacking any urgency. I think Lascelles and Fernandez would be happy knocking it to one another all day if they could.

I was groaning so much at that, playing foot tennis at the back cos neither have the confidence to play a forward pass. Wouldn't have that problem with Schar or Lejeune.