Manchester City 5 - 0 Newcastle United - 08/07/20 post match p17 onwards

BlueStar

if the takeover happens I'd be fine if over the course of a few transfer windows we have an entirely new 11 bar ASM.

Exactly. If we are to aspire to challenge the top 6 we are going to have to replace pretty much every player we currently have, maybe ASM is good enough, maybe Longstaff could become good enough, most of the rest we already know are not good enough. Dubravka is one of our better players but the bar is set so low at the moment that is means nothing. If the takeover goes through I would expect us to be looking for a top class goalkeeper.

Really sad state of affairs, this. I know its Man City away but I'm watching this just hoping we aren't humiliated something like 7-0. That's not what following Newcastle United is about, surely?

We're safe man, why so ANGRY?

We got beat here 6-1, and 5-0 a few seasons ago.

Liverpool have just been beaten 4-0 here and they've lost 2 games all season.

We have been terrible like, but let's not pretend 4-0 is some abysmal score that never happens to us here (or other better teams).

It's weird though - when other teams lose here 4 or 5-0, they don't appear to be as bad as we've been tonight. We can't string 3 passes together.

We all expected to get thrashed tonight, but why? Because that's our expectation these days under this owner and manager.

Cos we can't string 3 passes together against the bottom 3 let alone one of the best in the league

I know it's not going to meet with universal approval on here, but I would definitely be looking to replace Dubravka with either a new goalkeeper or Woodman if he's ready. He's a good shot stopper like Given was, but poor off his line, indifferent distribution and full of mistakes.

He's literally been the difference between us going down and staying up this season.

Bit of an exaggeration

Not all all. Youve simply been blinded by this post lockdown run and forgotten everything that preceded it.

I haven't.

Judge is right.

No he isn't. If Darlow had been in goal all season we'd have been in the bottom 3.

We're 16 points clear of the relegation zone.  :lol:  :lol:

And literally bottom of every meaningful stat, shots, possession, the lot. The one thing we are top of is the chart that says our goalkeeper has made far more saves than any other keeper in the league.

Of course he's saved his us points, but clearly not fucking 16 points. Howay man.

We would be in the relegation zone now if Darlow or Elliott had been our goalkeeper all season. People were shitting themselves when it looked like he could miss the rest of the season after the Southampton match.

It's hard to disagree with this if you actually look back to the games earlier in the season. He was making 2-3 match winning saves every game.

Is there any reason why we keep passing back once we get to the halfway line? None of these players have covered themselves in glory tonight especially those on the fringes.

We've been doing it all game! And they just pounce on it and take the ball of us :lol:

We've had 2 water breaks and half time to tell the players to cut it out and it just carried on :lol:

Really sad state of affairs, this. I know its Man City away but I'm watching this just hoping we aren't humiliated something like 7-0. That's not what following Newcastle United is about, surely?

We're safe man, why so ANGRY?

We got beat here 6-1, and 5-0 a few seasons ago.

Liverpool have just been beaten 4-0 here and they've lost 2 games all season.

We have been terrible like, but let's not pretend 4-0 is some abysmal score that never happens to us here (or other better teams).

Are we allowed to say it's bad yet?

It’s like Comical Ali before the gates of a smouldering Baghdad

I know it's not going to meet with universal approval on here, but I would definitely be looking to replace Dubravka with either a new goalkeeper or Woodman if he's ready. He's a good shot stopper like Given was, but poor off his line, indifferent distribution and full of mistakes.

He's literally been the difference between us going down and staying up this season.

Bit of an exaggeration

Not all all. Youve simply been blinded by this post lockdown run and forgotten everything that preceded it.

I haven't.

Judge is right.

No he isn't. If Darlow had been in goal all season we'd have been in the bottom 3.

And literally bottom of every meaningful stat, shots, possession, the lot. The one thing we are top of is the chart that says our goalkeeper has made far more saves than any other keeper in the league.

Of course he's saved his us points, but clearly not fucking 16 points. Howay man.

We would be in the relegation zone now if Darlow or Elliott had been our goalkeeper all season. People were shitting themselves when it looked like he could miss the rest of the season after the Southampton match.

I appreciate this Newcastle Exaggeration Online, but we would not be in relegation zone.

We wouldn't be on 43 points, but there's nee way we'd be on 26 points man.  :lol:

Is there any reason why we keep passing back once we get to the halfway line? None of these players have covered themselves in glory tonight especially those on the fringes.

We've been doing it all game! And they just pounce on it and take the ball of us :lol:

We've had 2 water breaks and half time to tell the players to cut it out and it just carried on :lol:

Exactly - it became obvious early on and still continued with it. These are playing in the Premier League and it's been poor - it was Man City today but any team would have hammered us. The commentator saying how we've had a fantastic season is a joke and the effort today was non existent.

Bit of an exaggeration

I haven't.

Judge is right.

I appreciate this Newcastle Exaggeration Online, but we would not be in relegation zone.

We wouldn't be on 43 points, but there's nee way we'd be on 26 points man.  :lol:

We'd be on less.

Bit of an exaggeration

I haven't.

Judge is right.

We'd be on less.

:lol: :lol: :lol: