Callum Wilson

Strawberry

6 minutes ago, Tiotes Witch Doctor said:

Think the years of of injuries have finally caught up with him, hasn't looked sharp all season and looks like he's lost a yard of pace, not finished but looking on the way to being finished.

Hasn't looked sharp all season? His form this season got him a World Cup place

Shite today.

An absolute warrior and anyone who gets 1 in 2 in that shite Bruce team deserves a lot of heavy praise.

But.. got the feeling his powers are fading. He looks short of confidence and was absolutely non existent today.

We need better if we're going to kick on, sadly.

He was risible today, about as bad as it gets from a centre-forward. 

His movement was absolutely appalling, especially when Maxi was trying to find an option.

What I find most aggravating is how easily dragged into altercations now. He must have wasted almost 5 minutes rising to Martinez’s behaviour.

He needs a big second half to his season.

Edited by TheInfiniteOdyssey

Sorry to say this, but he was absolutely anonymous today. He looked totally done, and was no-where near where he was supposed to be when the balls went in. Thanks for everything Callum but ffs, today mattered more than England vs Iran, and you did less than fuck all.

He, along with ASM, has carried us through the shit under Stephen Roger and has been brilliant this season pre WC. But he looks finished. If he has to play, please play Isak with him, saw glimpses of promise with that today and v Fulham.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

Can someone make a compelling case for him remaining in the team for the last two months based on stats, or something? I really hope so. I’ve been banging the drum for Isak to start for all of this time and to me it just looks so obvious. I really hope a logical case can be made for Wilson remaining in the team because otherwise it just looks like an otherwise impeccable coach being too stubborn to change things.

He’s just a gap in the team at the moment. I don’t really blame him, he’s doing his best but he’s just terrible at holding the ball up and isn’t looking like scoring. Time to give Isak the responsibility and buy someone in summer.

1 minute ago, mofo said:

I've always thought Wilson was solid on the ball, great strength and hold up play. Recently he seems to get knocked off the ball so easily. Not sure what's up with him? 

Has absolutely leaden feet as well. His technique looks dreadful these days.