Callum Wilson

Strawberry

3 hours ago, madras said:

He's looked quicker today than at any point last season.

Think the threat of losing his place to Isak has really put him on his toes. Great news for us as he's still one of the PL's best strikers.

He's great. I've listened to his podcasts too and he has talked about being pissed off not getting picked but he's going to still get loads of goals for us. His attitude is perfect. (He spoke on podcast on if he's confronted manager on getting news not starting and he said he learned not to do that, just accept news gracefully then have that conversation with the manager later in the week rather than get angry) He wants to prove he's the best by scoring, now I think Isak is better but that is no slight on him. So many teams don't have one good striker, we have two really high quality ones. He is going to get plenty, he is going to get plenty of love, I am sure he is going to start plenty of games too. 

I remember when we signed him I was concerned about injury but thought was decent signing, but I don't think I appreciated how good a finisher he was, I kinda thought he was ok and could do occaisional spectacular ones, but I generally trust him in any 1v1 situation. 

Reminder that Wilson is absolutely fucking class.

Walking that tightrope of pissing him off enough to make himself undroppable, making him feel like the main man, while not effecting our set up and taking away from Isak is going to be key. 

From the sounds of it he'll never settle for being a rotation player, which is a shame but also what makes him the player he is.

The great thing about isak and Wilson is that whoever comes on off the bench, will never just settle to seeing the game out. They both want to score every game so having someone coming on with that hunger later in the game is great. 

I feel like since Isak came there has been so many times they have both scored in the same game despite both not starting.

Ironically, Isak is going to prove to be the best thing for him.

Think he has looked so much fresher more recently because he isn't being relieved upon so heavily. And it won't surprise me if because of it he doesn't get injured as much.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Ironically, Isak is going to prove to be the best thing for him.

Think he has looked so much fresher more recently because he isn't being relieved upon so heavily. And it won't surprise me if because of it he doesn't get injured as much.

I can see him getting 15 goals just in a rotation role. 6 extra UCL games as a minimum plus FA Cup, League Cup and possibly Europa if we finish 3rd in our CL group.

1 hour ago, Nucasol said:

I can see him getting 15 goals just in a rotation role. 6 extra UCL games as a minimum plus FA Cup, League Cup and possibly Europa if we finish 3rd in our CL group.

He'll still start a good number of games too. Perfect situation for him IMO.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

He'll still start a good number of games too. Perfect situation for him IMO.

Doubt he’ll see it that way :lol:. You can tell he’s desperate to be the main man.

To be fair, he’s good enough to be the main striker for the majority of the teams in the league.

Edited by McCormick

1 minute ago, McCormick said:

Doubt he’ll see it that way :lol:. You can tell he’s desperate to be the main man.

To be fair, he’s good enough to be the main striker for the majority of the teams in the league.

Yeah, that was my opinion.

He certainly won't like it, but, we all know if he was the main man it would just be a matter of time before the long term injury came.

With the way things are currently, he gets to come in each game for around 30 mins and bag goals against tiring defences, and will also still get some starts.

Great situation if he really looks at things objectively.

10 minutes ago, McCormick said:

The issue for the club is that he is in the last 12 months of his contract and we need to convince him to sign an extension knowing that he isn’t going to be the main man up front unless Isak is injured.

11 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Reminder that Wilson is absolutely fucking class.

Walking that tightrope of pissing him off enough to make himself undroppable, making him feel like the main man, while not effecting our set up and taking away from Isak is going to be key. 

From the sounds of it he'll never settle for being a rotation player, which is a shame but also what makes him the player he is.

I think he will if we’re in the champions league. As Kaka said it’s the perfect situation for him. Deep down he’ll know perfectly well his load needs to be managed. To do that in between playing champions league, is the best he could ask for.

24 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

The issue for the club is that he is in the last 12 months of his contract and we need to convince him to sign an extension knowing that he isn’t going to be the main man up front unless Isak is injured.

He’s going to get plenty of starts this season as they’ll be rotation - especially with him and barnes hitting it off so well on the pitch.

2 hours ago, Nucasol said:

fuck that, we're going to UCL knockout stage :cool: