Callum Wilson

Strawberry

There was one time he was running at a player which maybe showed his limitations as he didn't really threaten to beat the defender like ASM or even Almiron (and Joelinton theoretically given his style of play) is able to, and instead was dispossessed, he doesnt have the trickery. I am very glad to see him showing poaching skills as we have so desperately lacked a striker who actually takes all the relatively easy chances afforded

Callum has that extra yard of pace Dwight doesn't, also looks like he reacts that bit better at the higher level.

Wilson just looks an all-round better footballer.

He does. He's got a few assists on his record as well, and you can see why, he did show some clever play outside the box as well.

There was one time he was running at a player which maybe showed his limitations as he didn't really threaten to beat the defender like ASM or even Almiron (and Joelinton theoretically given his style of play) is able to, and instead was dispossessed, he doesnt have the trickery. I am very glad to see him showing poaching skills as we have so desperately lacked a striker who actually takes all the relatively easy chances afforded

It was a really good debut, but this wasn’t the only time in the first half an imperfect touch let him down. He’s clearly a good player, and I was wondering if he had some rust to shake off.

Gotta say I can sympathise with those who are reaching for “that damned smile” meme, too :lol:

I’d say we are used to a striker running into nothing and Callum will either run and shoot or slow it down and lay it off. It’s just intentional, purposeful and intelligent. He’s a good player. Love his confidence. Handsome bastard.

Not watched a game in probably like 3 years and haven't seen this game either but just thought I'd read peoples comments.

I don't think comparing his on ball ability to ASM and Almiron is particularly fair. They are a winger and a attacking Midfielder respectively.

If a striker had their ball skills he'd be worth like 70m easy.