Callum Wilson

Strawberry

Just now, kisearch said:

Posted this before, but if we're looking for a proven Premier League striker who's not playing and has the right attitude, look no further than Danny Ings.

He played in Villa's last match and scored though, so will Gerrard really want to sell him?

1 hour ago, kisearch said:

His first full 90 minutes since October. Definitely worth asking about. Maybe we have, who knows.

I suppose if they get Coutinho as s being rumoured they might need to offload a forward. But I agree, he's a natural replacement for Wilson, genuine goalscorer. 

1 hour ago, TRon said:

Yep, he's too good to be a back up for anyone, and also too good for me to want him sold. We should get another shit hot striker and use them both as and when necessary. If someone wants to pay us big money then fair enough, otherwise he's still worth more to us. 

I agree, but his fitness record isn’t good enough for a top club to rely on him. That’s probably why he plays for us now. 

1 hour ago, GeordieT said:

Out for eight weeks…

Which would be Brighton, maybe. But missing that critical run of games.

We can now move on, striker MUST be signed this week.no excuses, no idea of who 

8 weeks is a blessing and a potential curse. Hope we don't think one striker will be fine with Wilson returning after injury. Desperately need two new strikers. 

Seems so long ago we had 4/5 decent enough striker options on the books. 

• 3 weeks later...

With his fitness record we really are in the hands of the gods for goals. We really have to hope he's back soon, match fit and back in form immediately, and somehow manages to stay fit for the remainder of the season.

If I was a betting man..

I live in Coventry and the word is that his hamstrings are knacked. He’s a great player and a good lad - refused Villa because he’s a Coventry city supporter but he’s always going to miss chunks of the season. A bit like Van Persie’s annual winter three month lay off.