Callum Wilson

Strawberry

9 minutes ago, JP said:

We had personal terms agreed with Isak two weeks ago - Wilson injury not related.

Same bedwetters that claimed we were running out of time with 4 weeks to go, now claiming this transfer was done in the space of 3 days. Incredible.

Disclaimer: I can't confirm they're the same people. I don't like it when others do that so I shouldn't do it myself.

Edited by Happinesstan

This injury came at just the right time, which sounds harsh, but Wilson needs to come to terms with not being the only A grade striker at the club. He can't be pissed off that he might not be an automatic starter in the future now.

Far as I'm concerned he's still a massive asset, we just don't have to cross our fingers hoping he'll stay fit from game to game.

Given Wilson played on Sunday evening, and apparently Ashworth was in Spain on Monday, they can shove that Wilson theory up there rear end tbh. Was clearly being worked on prior to the Man City game, and from a purely logistical point of view, it'd make no sense to completely pivot our transfer plans for one player being out for a few week, even if that player is a bit of a crock.

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Edwards trying to suggest we spent big because Wilson is injured ? No shock there he’s trying to save face after we spent more on Isak than he said we had in the budget 

His only skill as a journalist is having an excuse for why he was wrong every time.

Just now, 54 said:

Given Wilson played on Sunday evening, and apparently Ashworth was in Spain on Monday, they can shove that Wilson theory up there rear end tbh. Was clearly being worked on prior to the Man City game, and from a purely logistical point of view, it'd make no sense to completely pivot our transfer plans for one player being out for a few week, even if that player is a bit of a crock.

We were always looking for that player. Wilson’s niggles just meant we couldn’t be as picky unless we want a 20 year old and Chris Wood potentially as our only options for 4 months.

3 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Pants round ankles beating himself typing that update. The positivity in the last 24 hours will have pained him like sunlight to a vampire.

Aye, he's an energy vampire. He is Colin Robinson...

image.thumb.png.f6259ea594126148fe9d2498bea40897.png

I've said it a few times now.  But even since he first signed with us, it seems like he has lost a yard and perhaps also plays within himself a bit.  Probably by design to a certain degree, but there must also be something subconsciously affecting him.  Kind of understandable after all of those injuries and him being our only decent striker.  

I was shocked by how quick and explosive he looked over short distances.  But that seems to have been missing since he returned at the end of last season.  Still really sharp and a great finisher.  But he just never stays fit and hamstring injuries are hardly going to help on that score. 

1 hour ago, gazza ladra said:

Both have Premier League experience. Isak won’t start. He’ll work him in Bruno style.

He chucked Wood straight in.  We didn't really have any other options, mind.  I think Gayle was fit at the time, though? 

I don't think it will be quite as slow as Bruno.  I'd like to think he'll get more minutes and get into the team earlier.  Especially if we need goals in games. 

Just now, xLiaaamx said:

His arms look twice the size of when he first emerged in the PL at Bournemouth tbf. I thought he was a proper pace merchant in behind when he signed but he's more of a complete striker now

Probably had shit loads of time to be in the gym, where he can only train upper.  Due to his legs being fucked (again). 

3 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

I've said it a few times now.  But even since he first signed with us, it seems like he has lost a yard and perhaps also plays within himself a bit.  Probably by design to a certain degree, but there must also be something subconsciously affecting him.  Kind of understandable after all of those injuries and him being our only decent striker.  

I was shocked by how quick and explosive he looked over short distances.  But that seems to have been missing since he returned at the end of last season.  Still really sharp and a great finisher.  But he just never stays fit and hamstring injuries are hardly going to help on that score. 

Once you get it into your head that a muscle keeps ‘popping’ you do naturally hold back. Calf popped a few years back playing football and came back after four months out, physio et all, but every hint of tightness even cramp and you’re cakeing it that it’ll go again so ease off. 

1 minute ago, Nucasol said:

Once you get it into your head that a muscle keeps ‘popping’ you do naturally hold back. Calf popped a few years back playing football and came back after four months out, physio et all, but every hint of tightness even cramp and you’re cakeing it that it’ll go again so ease off. 

Oh aye, for sure.  I've had 4 ops on my right knee and didn't really play many sports to a particularly high level.  So I can certainly empathise and the fine margins are much more noticeable at the top.  

I sometimes wonder if he has some sort mental problem regarding injuries, a bit like like Dwight Gayle. He apparently felt injuries which the medical people didn't think existed and that was during Rafa's time here

5 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

I sometimes wonder if he has some sort mental problem regarding injuries, a bit like like Dwight Gayle. He apparently felt injuries which the medical people didn't think existed and that was during Rafa's time here

Owen was the same apparently, especially with his super noodle hamstrings.