Football governance

Nobody

2 minutes ago, Disco said:

It’s the amateurishness that annoys me as much as anything. Genuinely think I could devise better rigged super league myself that would at least not be overtly shit and destroyed within 48 hours and if it was I’d at least front it out. Honestly man.

That and it being different levels of shit of course. Not that the current alternative is in anyway good or well run from a sporting perspective.

Would be a great bonus pack for Football Manager.

1 minute ago, Ameritoon said:

Literally went forward with it without a TV deal in place and not even a full league :lol: It was a farce from the beginning and it's no surprise considering some of the people involved are operating a few of the worst run clubs in Europe.

Somebody is desperate.  Got to be somebody in some serious financial trouble to be pushing ahead so recklessly.

5 minutes ago, triggs said:

Strange how they were able to get the JP Morgan deal approved while everything else was so amateurish 

Would be class if the whole thing was an elaborate grift :lol:

Anyone think this was all part of their grand master plan to get even more power? 

"ok ok we'll come back but you must do a few things that we want? Deal?" 

Masters would have been begging them to not leave him behind. 

2 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Like you said Disco, any of us could have done a better job of thinking up a super league. 

Yes.

1. Win your league to enter it.

2. Commentary from away ties to be done over landline phone, barely audible.

3. Sub-teletext style team line ups which align diagonally top left to bottom right pre match.

4. Ties in countries formerly behind iron curtain to be played in full 100,000 stadiums where 90% of the crowd are in military grey.

5. Occasional match in black and white.

6. 50% of ties to have no television coverage at all, all fan access to events to be limited to local regional newspaper sport pages almost 24 hours later.

7. All English teams playing in it to have at least 4 Scottish players in team.

8. Prior to away match in Europe, obligatory tabloid photo stories featuring players from English club dressed up as questionable, often inaccurate national stereotype of country visited (ie Bryan Robson and Norman Whiteside dressed in ponchos and sombreros prior to away game in Bilbao)

9. Immediate 300% increase in outbreaks of police violence at away games (some countries clearly never moved away from this in the first place)

10. Barry Davies.

There you go, fixed.

Liverpool's statement is a joke.

Discontinued. 

Unless all these clubs get their current owners out, then these types of deceitful plans will continue to go on behind the scenes. 

It's clear the motivation of these types of owners, greed. 

I hope this leads to some sort of legislation written in to stop owners of clubs going behind their fans backs.

10 minutes ago, brummie said:

The Spurs one is the best one.

Levy genuinely said this: "“We regret the anxiety and upset caused by the ESL proposal. We felt it was important that our club participated in the development of a possible new structure that sought to better ensure financial fair play and financial sustainability whilst delivering significantly increased support for the wider football pyramid."

That conceit alone tells me that this can not end here. 

He’s absolute fucking scum. Never mind this, the arrogance he’s shown in managing to regress Spurs thinking he’s bigger than club in a couple of years. Comes across as a right snivelling little runt, always grasping at coat tails of the bigger boys who despise him. Certainly seemed that way on the Spurs programme. Gasping to be everyone’s mate but they look at him like he’s shat his pants again.

8 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Anyone think this was all part of their grand master plan to get even more power? 

"ok ok we'll come back but you must do a few things that we want? Deal?" 

Masters would have been begging them to not leave him behind. 

It's looking exactly like that, and i'm not a bit surprised, whole world is corrupt.

2 minutes ago, Disco said:

He’s absolute fucking scum. Never mind this, the arrogance he’s shown in managing to regress Spurs thinking he’s bigger than club in a couple of years. Comes across as a right snivelling little runt, always grasping at coat tails of the bigger boys who despise him. Certainly seemed that way on the Spurs programme. Gasping to be everyone’s mate but they look at him like he’s shat his pants again.

:lol::lol: 

13 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Makes you wonder if they ever intended for it to happen. I'm leaning towards it being a cock up but if they get better deals in thy CL or whatever, was this the plan all along? Probably not. Just can't get over the abysmal delivery of the whole thing. 

I actually said the same thing to someone at work today. Was it a bluff to get what they all want?

1 minute ago, GideonShandy said:

If the PL's Officers and Directors criteria mean anything, they must mean that the PL can ban officers and directors who have actively conspired to sabotage the league.

Of course nothing will end up happening, but it is just crazy how these owners could still be viewed as 'fit and proper' of the respective clubs according to the Premier League regulations.

Just now, mighty__mag said:

I actually said the same thing to someone at work today. Was it a bluff to get what they all want?

I don’t think so, just a clusterfuck.

They are in a far weaker position now to be making any demands for more. They’ve shown their colours.

This is a win, maybe not as big as some might suggest, but certainly a win for football. It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out now over the next few weeks/months 

3 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Super league did exactly what they wanted. They called everyone's bluff and uefa and likely the leagues have folded and given them more money and power. 

Whole thing was set up as a smokescreen to get what they wanted. 

they do seem to have somehow won

4 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Super league did exactly what they wanted. They called everyone's bluff and uefa and likely the leagues have folded and given them more money and power. 

Whole thing was set up as a smokescreen to get what they wanted. 

Sorry but it can't just work like this. They can't just threaten and bluff everyone and win at the end of the story. They have to be punished hard.