Football governance

Nobody

3 hours ago, Consortium of one said:

Shame on the PL ceo for meeting with big 6 reps the day before PL meetings.  It sets a terrible precedent and fostered this breakaway.  It also lends further credence to our takeover being scuttled because the big 6  knew all the details and had his ear to bend.  If I'm the 14 the very first thing I'm doing is asking Masters to resign then I'm changing policy so this can never happen again.  

Nailed on that’s why it was stopped. Closed shop and we’re a massive threat 

Roy Hodgson spoke very well today about this, just like a wise bloke that's been in football for over 200 years should I suppose, but it was nice to listen to someone sensible.

It was good to read this from LaLiga's presdient

“The Super League is dead without the English and German teams, let’s be realistic, it’s dead,” Tebas told a virtual news conference. “They cannot create the project they want to create. After 20 years of threatening a Super League, finally this threat came true and in 48 hours it has disappeared. This isn’t a problem of revenue, these clubs need to reduce their expenses. We don’t need to keep increasing earnings so that players can have seven Ferraris instead of six,” Tebas said. “This is a problem of distribution. My position is very clear, we don’t need to increase revenues, we just need to manage expenses. We are not ruined financially and we don’t have to take any exceptional measures.”

There's never been a better time to regulate football than now and with these clubs at their weakest it can be done to help everyone. Cap agent fees, cap player salaries/wage bills (for real this time), enact more redistribution, etc. Less money needed to operate should mean less dead rubber matches, too, feel free to rework the CL so more games matter, make the whole damn thing a knockout tournament. These clubs clearly can't be trusted to manage their finances so some regulation has to happen to prevent them from doing this again.

9 minutes ago, Ameritoon said:

It was good to read this from LaLiga's presdient

There's never been a better time to regulate football than now and with these clubs at their weakest it can be done to help everyone. Cap agent fees, cap player salaries/wage bills (for real this time), enact more redistribution, etc. Less money needed to operate should mean less dead rubber matches, too, feel free to rework the CL so more games matter, make the whole damn thing a knockout tournament. These clubs clearly can't be trusted to manage their finances so some regulation has to happen to prevent them from doing this again.

Amen

Wrong answer dickhead, you should have said "We will not be involved." 

Bollocks like this is why I'm not celebrating at all, because they are all saying that they want this, or a similar version, in the future. Not even hiding it. 

Punish them hard NOW that you've got the chance, just letting them back in means thwt it'll happen again soon. 

Just now, Nobody said:

Wrong answer dickhead, you should have said "We will not be involved." 

Bollocks like this is why I'm not celebrating at all, because they are all saying that they want this, or a similar version, in the future. Not even hiding it. 

Punish them hard NOW that you've got the chance, just letting them back in means thwt it'll happen again soon. 

Yeah that answer is terrible. It assumes it will be back and they'd want to be in it again.