Football governance

Nobody

This is class, but also despairing to think this attempted coup will get brushed under the carpet. Sincerely hope it leads to the proper change the whole sport needs but I'm not holding my breath.

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Tbf, they might just do so. Easy win for votes to stop this ever happening again and it diverts attention for a bit from the usual Tory backhanders/COVID handling/brexit fuckup...

Also football keeps the masses happy, usually in pubs spending money keeping out the way.

Yes, it could spin that way. But let's be clear, their track record protects wealth and power and they've ignored the problem for a decade in power. 

1 minute ago, robbo_11 said:

It would be interesting if any other owners or directors had actually broke rules as per the current test for this season and in effect created a huge scenario about them being fit or purpose. Any familiar with the rules?!

Nope, odt has never been discussed on this forum before. [emoji38]

1 minute ago, robbo_11 said:

It would be interesting if any other owners or directors had actually broke rules as per the current test for this season and in effect created a huge scenario about them being fit or purpose. Any familiar with the rules?!

‘Are you a top 6 club? Good, continue to do what the fuck you want and if we can help you on any way by thwarting potential competition don’t hesitate to ask’

Just now, cubaricho said:

Three to five year ban from Europe would do nicely. Get a few of us back into Europe and backed with the cash that comes with it. Will level the playing field a bit. 

In a perfect world, relegate them all to the lowest leagues and give them a 10 year transfer ban.

I mean.. Surely they could have predicted this? Did they think the backlash would only/mostly be from the fans of pleb teams that didn't get to be in it, rather than the big six fans all hating their own clubs? 

1 minute ago, B-more Mag said:

I'm starting to think sports team owners may not be very good businesspeople. 

Aye, 15 year old with 4 brain cells can kick a ball in a straight line ..................give him £10k a week and his mam a new kitchen.

2 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

I'm starting to think sports team owners may not be very good businesspeople. 

no wonder the yank owners want to avoid punishment for failure if this is the best they could put together