Football governance

Nobody

My first say on the subject. If the PL refuse to punish their "big six" the other 14 teams should grow some balls and point blank refuse to sell tickets for games against them. Reduce season ticket prices to account for it and also have no general sale for these games. Yes give them their 3k tickets in the away end (PL rules) but 3k Man Utd fans up in level 7 by themselves won't add anything to the spectacle for the TV audience. Refuse away tickets for the 6 venues as well.

Yes it'll cost them money in gate receipts but I'm sick of talking about money and football, especially top level football, going hand in hand. Yes it's a business but first and foremost it's a sport.

On 03/05/2021 at 09:53, The Prophet said:

It's so transparent what Sky are up to and why. As soon as the SL was called off they've tried to bury the story to maintain the status quo. They don't want anyone to start asking difficult questions about the role they've played in the capitalisation of the game and the negative kickback this has had on football fans.

Unfortunately even the most gullible of followers can see protests being praised as fan power last week and violent disorder this week.

I can't see the protests making too much difference to the clubs themselves, the Glazer's seem too hard faced to care. Sky are vulnerable though, they've spent decades building up a product that is under threat from all angles. Under threat from the top because the beast they've created is too greedy to contain. Under threat from the bottom because fans have finally realised they do have a voice and they're tired of being shafted.

This is so true. It applies in the real world too. Sky news would be on the news every night if there was an ounce of integrity in the journalistic universe.

Journalists telling people they've got stories, but can't tell them? Get tae fuck.

Even if you think you're on strong legal footing, what the fuck are the remaining clubs staying involved with it for?  It was apparently worth the reputational damage because of the money, but there's no money in it any more, is there? Like nobody's going to subscribe o watch AC Milan play Juventus 6 times to see who comes top of a four team league.

2 hours ago, BlueStar said:

Even if you think you're on strong legal footing, what the fuck are the remaining clubs staying involved with it for?  It was apparently worth the reputational damage because of the money, but there's no money in it any more, is there? Like nobody's going to subscribe o watch AC Milan play Juventus 6 times to see who comes top of a four team league.

Could be worth a few quid to those still in it if those leaving have to pay a divorce fine, take the money then disband

29 minutes ago, Ben said:

In what world can those two teams get to the Champions league final and the Newcastles takeover gets refused .....corrupt 

I think these two clubs are the reason our takeover is refused. God help Milan, Real Madrid, Arsenal, Juve, etc if us upstarts started spending.

Fucking hell, the Glaziers are a bunch of ugly cunts aren’t they? One of them( not sure which one) genuinely looks like something from a horror film, like Freddy Krueger or something.

7 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Fucking hell, the Glaziers are a bunch of ugly cunts aren’t they? One of them( not sure which one) genuinely looks like something from a horror film, like Freddy Krueger or something.

The owld fucka that died looked like that evil leprechaun from the 80's 

The love the absolute self importance this clubs have, some of the quotes from Perez have been hilarious, essentially saying that they deserve better then to have a season without a trophy, as they they're so fucked financially that they need the money at all costs. You're just another club mate, no more or less important the Real Betis, you don't have some god given right to success. 

On 08/05/2021 at 06:02, Dokko said:

Dunno, expected more from Barcelona. They really are now just another club :(

They always fucking were m8, just all yee foaming messi ultras couldn't see the wood for the trees.

On 08/05/2021 at 10:46, Dancing Brave said:

These three ain't giving up.  Real Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus have defended their European Super League plans in the face of what they call "threats" from Uefa.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57036397

It makes me fucking mad that the RM president says 'We need this to cover the losses from not playing in front of crowds etc', Whilst I imagine, like all clubs, they are still having to pay their players etc.

- Well Mr Ugly Fucker, this is my reply  - You didn't have to sign those player for over inflated prices, and then proceed to pay them over hyped wages.

It's not our fault - so fucking live with it - and pay them less you greedy twat.

#Takes a deep breath, rant over. You don't know how much I've wanted to say this even though it may only be read by 3 people.

Edited by South-Cheshire-Toon