Football governance

Nobody

We are a bunch of voiceless souls. we need two takeover threads and even that gets locked because you're not positive enough or you are too positive. We have one of the most useless dinosaur managers leading us to relegation and the only real threat he has had to losing his job was online abuse and a mole at the club leaking news to journalists. Fuck me, no wonder we've been stuck with Ashley for 14 years and counting.

Edited by nufcjb

I personally think Sky need a massive reboot of commentators and pundits, they are either out of touch or basically thick, the commentators are so boring ( just watch any game with the fan sound off) I thought they made a good start when they got rid of the dinosaurs on Soccer Saturday but they just replaced them with monotonous traffic cones.

It seems the lead story in a lot of places is the unfortunate incident that led to a police officer having his face slashed.

It’s a shame that happened because along with the Tory Government, a large section of the media love nothing more than demonising football fans just like any other protest that will be more forceful than the boundaries they set.

Wouldn’t be surprised if the bill that blocks protests is amended in an attempt to push it through in parliament on the back of this.

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I think Neville, Carragher, Keane and Richards are all great. They play off each other and there's a good balance. Souness has to go though.

It will be interesting to see what they do with Carragher and Neville as the broadcast was clearly cut short yesterday due to them not towing the line.

6 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Listen to some of the shit Rio Ferdinand came out with about us. Some of them just think being former pros is enough and all they have to do is show up, maddening.

Aye this true, I see no reason why you have to be a top player to make a good Pundit, like Froggy says Sky have the backbone of a great team but so much shite around them.

I would love to see a top coach or one of these video analysis blokes on giving actual content that's informs the viewers of what is going on instead of soundbites from former players harping on about the old days.

Oh........and Martin Tyler and Alan Smith have to go.

Was out and about yesterday so missed all of the commotion and just catching up.

As with a lot of the stuff around the ESL and what's transpired, I find it really difficult to get my thoughts in a row; I feel a fair few emotions about it all: I'm encouraged and proud of the actions of fellow fans; angered by some snippets of analysis/coverage; I still have a profound sense of caution about it all, cos so much more still needs to be done to safeguard our game from malevolent forces (idiots like our manager coming out with meaningless and distracting platitudes about fans winning the day helps no one, when what is actually required is proper reform); and I think - above all - I feel envious and sad at how our fans have been totally put to shame. 

Some brilliant posts in this thread again, mind, it's been a brilliant commentary to everything that's gone on, really has. 

Guest HTT II

It’s the best thread on here for debate, analysis, thoughts, POVs and seemingly everyone being together. 

What yesterday showed is that the football media for the most part hates the fans when they stand up for themselves ( Talksport , Sky , Daily Mail - who referred to rioters etc ) 

A good way to stand up for yourself as a fan is to boycott those media organisations who actively hate and exploit the fans . Footballs nothing without us but it can live without them

It's so transparent what Sky are up to and why. As soon as the SL was called off they've tried to bury the story to maintain the status quo. They don't want anyone to start asking difficult questions about the role they've played in the capitalisation of the game and the negative kickback this has had on football fans.

Unfortunately even the most gullible of followers can see protests being praised as fan power last week and violent disorder this week.

I can't see the protests making too much difference to the clubs themselves, the Glazer's seem too hard faced to care. Sky are vulnerable though, they've spent decades building up a product that is under threat from all angles. Under threat from the top because the beast they've created is too greedy to contain. Under threat from the bottom because fans have finally realised they do have a voice and they're tired of being shafted.

Edited by The Prophet

3 hours ago, Sima said:

It seems the lead story in a lot of places is the unfortunate incident that led to a police officer having his face slashed.

It’s a shame that happened because along with the Tory Government, a large section of the media love nothing more than demonising football fans just like any other protest that will be more forceful than the boundaries they set.

Wouldn’t be surprised if the bill that blocks protests is amended in an attempt to push it through in parliament on the back of this.

Im sorry your honour, it was just an unfortunate incident that I happened to stab the guy 48 times, he fell repeatedly on my knife. 

Next week, the unfortunate incident of ISIS bombings and how they are all misunderstood!

2 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

Im sorry your honour, it was just an unfortunate incident that I happened to stab the guy 48 times, he fell repeatedly on my knife. 

Next week, the unfortunate incident of ISIS bombings and how they are all misunderstood!

Weird take.

4 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9536901/Cop-punches-Man-Utd-fan-FOUR-times-camera.html

Works both ways

Shame they weren’t a bit more organised on what to do if they could get into the stadium. Would’ve been class if they’d managed to burn something into the grass.

Sky were desperate to point the finger at ‘fans crossing the line’ and ‘unacceptable scenes’. Thank fuck for Keane, Carragher and Neville for ramming home the point this is because of the owners. Souness was a spineless joke. Richards is just a mouthpiece on the City payroll, saying he texts the owners everyday and they are lovely people. Funny how they used a pundit who’s on telly more than Richard Fucking Osman to be an ambassador instead of Steve Lomas or Jamie Pollock. 

Neville was raging when Jones asked ‘Will there be Man Utd fans upset at what has happened today?’. Aye, the ones in China, Hong Kong and Malaysia. Might as well have said ‘Gary, Our global broadcast partners will be upset at what has happened today’

Fuck the Premier League and fuck Sky, they helped spawn this monster and are now shitting the bed when it’s out of control. Just want to draw a line under the Super League fiasco, pretend it never happened and protect their brand. 

4 hours ago, Sima said:

Guest neesy111

We are such a soft country nowadays, people don't strike/protest etc anymore as a country.  Everyone is in their own bubble's and don't care what happens outside of these.  People are struck down for protesting etc.

It's a the reason why I respect the French so much, they do stand-up for what they believe in.

2 hours ago, Sima said:

Weird take.

why is it a weird take?  People getting slashed etc is now classed as an unfortunate incident?

Protest by all means but do it peacefully.   People who carry knifes are just scum, the person took it to the protest because he wanted to use it!  Or is the unfortunate incident because he didn't realise the knife was in his pocket and then it was unfortunate when he took it out and slashed the officers face?

Unfortunate incident, my arse!