Football governance

Nobody

29 minutes ago, Nobody said:

We would still need to finish 4th to qualify for it.

Is it not now basically top 5 qualifies? England and Holland have highest coefficient record so each league gets an extra place. Why would we still need to finish 4th?

If it's 5 teams from the premier league, it seems fairly ridiculous that a quarter of our teams will be playing in the 'champions' league.

Then you add on the other competitions, and European games will be even more commonplace.

I'm just a stick in the mud, though, as I still think 4 teams in the CL is too many. I also believe footballs should be made out of leather and there should be a cup of tea and an orange at half time.

Champions of the league

Champions of the national cup

Champions of europa league

That'd do for me, spreads the money out amongst the 'LESSER LEAGUES' too. 

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

I know it would never happen (especially with the ESL, etc), but I'd love a play between 4th-7th for the last CL spot. 

It would certainly keep things more competitive.

Fuck that. You shouldn't be able to get CL after finishing fucking 7th.

7 minutes ago, Nobody said:

It's just another meaningless position, like 4th. 4th only means anything because it's currently a designated CL qualification spot.

Sounds like perfect timing to me :naughty:. Maybe 2025/26 would be a bit realistic, but it would be nice to have half realistic hopes of a top 5 finish, or at least be in contention somewhat, the season after next.

10 minutes ago, Nobody said:

You could say the same with promotion and League 2. You could get promotion by finishing 7th, and the playoffs are pretty much universally seen as positive, both in terms of providing end of season excitement, but more importantly to keep the league competitive for as long as possible.

I'm sure they have European playoffs in overseas domestic leagues, well at least they did on CM / FM anyway :lol:

13 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It's just another meaningless position, like 4th. 4th only means anything because it's currently a designated CL qualification spot.

I don't think 4th should get CL neither tbh. Top 3 I can go with, as we've been rewarding top 3 with medals in sports for ages.

As for the Football league argument, I don't think it's quite the same to get promoted as it is to get to play in the most prestigious tournament on the continent. Plus league 2 consist of more teams, so it's not like the team finishing in the bottom two thirds of the league can get promoted.