Football governance

Nobody

12 minutes ago, ED209 said:

do we all not want Newcastle to get taken over with and start buying things with erm oil money?

No, I want them to be taken over by someone with the clubs best interests at heart.  Someone who will run the club with ambition as a sporting institution not a as company.  That's is, I don't care if they spend hundreds or millions extra.  As long as they use all of the clubs money, try to grow revenue and speculate a little to try to build the club.  That doesn't require oil money, in fact in all honestly I'd rather that then doing a Man City.  Because I just think that without the possibility of risk and failure, true competition, then success will feel a bit shite.  Of course if given a choice between Ashley's utter death of the club vs the Man City approach I'd choose the later. But my preferred option is honest competition and ambition. 

1 minute ago, BlueStar said:

Danish Uefa guy says he expects Chelsea, Man City and Real Madrid to be kicked out the Champions League this week 

Surely that would also mean Arsenal and Man Utd get kicked out of the Europa League as well?

3 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Was reading the yellow banner on SSN about the Premier League meeting tomorrow that they would be discussing proposals. Would love to know what they are.

How to bend over without looking like we're being bent over.

3 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

True, but they do still like their world cups. I couldn't see someone with Ronaldo or Haaland's drive sacking off their country. You'd have to think the likes of Bayern, Dortmund, PSG (for now), oil-rich Newcastle and a few other good sides would become pretty attractive places to play. The super league wouldn't have it all their way, I don't think.

depends on the player, theres no way I can see Ronaldo or Messi giving up international football for this shit 

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Surely that would also mean Arsenal and Man Utd get kicked out of the Europa League as well?

easier to sort out than the champions league atm since it would mean psg winning by default and they're likely to fuck off to the ESL at the first opportune moment post world cup 

12 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

True, but they do still like their world cups. I couldn't see someone with Ronaldo or Haaland's drive sacking off their country. You'd have to think the likes of Bayern, Dortmund, PSG (for now), oil-rich Newcastle and a few other good sides would become pretty attractive places to play. The super league wouldn't have it all their way, I don't think.

I'd hope in an ideal world, the best players would still want to play in the Champions League, World Cup and their respective continental tournaments - and would realize that the massive wages would remain with them if they, the players, just went to the clubs that now are competing in the Champions League. Thus driving the TV deals by them being players in the tournaments. Without the players, there's literally no interest in the Super League. 

9 minutes ago, jdckelly said:

depends on the player, theres no way I can see Ronaldo or Messi giving up international football for this shit 

When people talk about "players don't really like playing internationals anyway", that's a very English-centric viewpoint. In South America for example, the international commitment is absolutely huge.

12 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I would absolutely fucking love this, no way they have the balls tho.

1 minute ago, Miggys First Goal said:

I'm still shaking my head at "legacy fans". The people that are the life blood of your clubs. The reason you're lucky enough to own those clubs in the first place. And you have the gall to refer to them as legacy fans.

just be glad they didn't call them legacy customers or subscribers and as far as these greedy fuckwits are concerned they don't need to worry about the old customers they have them hooked and are worried more about getting new customers in america and china 

Just now, triggs said:

Would be great if UEFA abandoned their CL reforms now and kicked these clubs out

Seems they have passed them today in an attempt to be 'we have your places waiting if you change your mind, bbz'

Just now, Village Idiot said:

Heh, Florentino is going to give a - very rare - interview tonight on a Spanish show to defend the proposal. I'm tempted to watch. The hosts are a bunch of sycophants, though.

what is the situation with Real and Barca, do the members get a vote on this? 

24 minutes ago, jdckelly said:

From the article:

“At its heart is a comprehensive solution to the critical issues facing the sport. It starts with the fans of the game, giving them what they want and deserve; the best players and the world’s top clubs competing with each other throughout the year.”

None of this is critical, let's just get that out of the way.

.......Next up, FUCK YOU, Super League.