Elliot Anderson

joeyt

This lad is idolised by the Gasheads and we can only but dream...50 years of watching Bristol Rovers and on last years showing I've never seen a better player in the quarters....come on Mr Howe show us miracles do happen 🙏🙏🙏🙏

I don’t get the clamour to loan him out like. Game’s moved on substantially from minutes on the pitch being the only indicator of progress for a youngster. Look at how Man City dealt with Foden.

If he’s that close to a breakthrough then it’s  much better for him to train with the first team squad, particularly if there are specific things they want to address, injuries they want to manage or ways in which they want him to play.

13 minutes ago, christ said:

I don’t get the clamour to loan him out like. Game’s moved on substantially from minutes on the pitch being the only indicator of progress for a youngster. Look at how Man City dealt with Foden.

If he’s that close to a breakthrough then it’s  much better for him to train with the first team squad, particularly if there are specific things they want to address, injuries they want to manage or ways in which they want him to play.

I think the clamour is because he's barely had any minutes at all. To me a champo loan seems sensible, but we're going to have a shit ton of games over these next few months thanks to The Best World Cup Ever™, so as long as he's used, I'm happy for him to stay.

Foden played 50 times for City in the 20/21 season. 16 goals and 10 assist.

Anderson needs games to develop. He's hardly been involved this season and would've been much better off playing every week in the Championship/ League 1, imo.

Does Eddie have a good record at developing youth? I don’t know much at all about his time at Bournemouth. 

it’s the one aspect of the club I wanted to change when the takeover happened, having been shite at it for a decade.

10 minutes ago, Weezertron said:

Does Eddie have a good record at developing youth? I don’t know much at all about his time at Bournemouth. 

it’s the one aspect of the club I wanted to change when the takeover happened, having been shite at it for a decade.

I would say he has proven he has a good record of developing some of the senior players here. So there shouldn’t be a problem with youth players.

1 hour ago, Weezertron said:

I don't know about Howe, but the key to this is Dan Ashworth - he's the one ultimately responsible for how we'll be bringing on youth, and there's plenty of reason to have confidence in him.

I think he'll get his chances in the second half of the season, particularly if we have a run in the FA Cup. I think we might well see him today.

We don't really have the strength in depth to loan him out anyway.