Elliot Anderson

joeyt

• 2 weeks later...

Some nice touches, held the ball well, not much more to say than that. He played in the first half when we were terrible. Would have been very different if he’d played in the second half 

I hope we don't end up loaning him out, he would benefit more I think from staying with us now. Playing a part, the fact we have better players that will help him, a brilliant manager who might be the kind to finally be brave enough to give young players a chance, and also if we shed a few players he can hopefully get a squad place and play a part in our first proper season under the new owners and Eddie.

1 minute ago, Jimburst said:

I can't see how he'd benefit more from staying and not playing.

Training with better players, in and around the matchday squad, on the bench etc

we can use 5 subs this year so it makes sense to me to keep him and blood him in gently and let him play league cup games and maybe get full games for the 23's as well

1 minute ago, Cookie1892 said:

Training with better players, in and around the matchday squad, on the bench etc

we can use 5 subs this year so it makes sense to me to keep him and blood him in gently and let him play league cup games and maybe get full games for the 23's as well

Yep, you get it ??

8 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

I hope we don't end up loaning him out, he would benefit more I think from staying with us now. Playing a part, the fact we have better players that will help him, a brilliant manager who might be the kind to finally be brave enough to give young players a chance, and also if we shed a few players he can hopefully get a squad place and play a part in our first proper season under the new owners and Eddie.

i also think he knows that having a core of local homegrown players around the place is really helpful

He knows that Burn, Dummett, both Longstaffs and Anderson will give their all every game for the team and he likes that in a player

5 minutes ago, Cookie1892 said:

It's hard to know what effect training with better players has on a young player, I can see maybe with Foden it worked well, but they had truly inspirational players at his development, players like D. Silva. We've not really got that calibre of player yet. I think more important for him is game time. That's why the Championship is such a fertile ground for buying young players these days.

5 subs is a good point though.

Edited by Jimburst

2 minutes ago, Cookie1892 said:

Exactly this. Howe's barely seen him properly up to now and when he did have him, it was only a couple of months and was before the new signings arrived. Think both Howe and Anderson would gain a lot more getting the odd game here and there while feeling like part of the first-team squad and getting to know Howe's philosophy. Can always loan him out to the Championship in January if after we've had a proper look at him we still think he's a bit short and needs the games.

2 minutes ago, Jimburst said:

It's hard to know what effect training with better players has on a young player, I can see maybe with Foden it worked well, but they had truly inspirational players at his development, platers like D. Silva etc. We've not really got that calibre of player yet. I think more important for him is game time. That's why the Championship is such a fertile ground for buying young players these days.

i see your point but Foden is an exceptional talent on his own as well

for me its style of play, quality of the training and the nature of a fast paced premier league game and the standards that requires

Edited by Cookie1892

1 minute ago, Cookie1892 said:

i also think he knows that having a core of local homegrown players around the place is really helpful

He knows that Burn, Dummett, both Longstaffs and Anderson will give their all every game for the team and he likes that in a player

You made it more convincing by reminding me of the 5 subs, but I think when we are looking at changing a game, in the past we have looked to the bench, and theres nothing much to offer, Murphy? Almiron? 28 and 29 next, never going to flourish now, what you see is what you get with them both, I think this season I'd rather see Anderson come on a few times over either of the other two.

I can hear the counter arguments already that Anderson would play on the left, But when changing a game ASM could switch to the right, where I think he's been decent, stops him being predictable and looking to cut inside. 

But I don't care how Eddie chooses to use him, I think he just needs a way in, then by January if it's not working, consider a loan then.

Didn’t look at all out of place yesterday, mind. Imagine if he’d been on with Bruno, Joelinton, Trips, etc.

Honestly think that RCM slot is there for him to grab, he’d have Trippier close by to guide him and think he could work up a great understanding with Bruno.

Getting carried away? Probably. But let’s see how he does in the next few games.

All depends on who we get in a who leaves as to whether he should go out on loan. Which I why I suspect he's still here training with thr 1st team.

If he does go out on loan, that club needs to be picked carefully. Ideally it would be a club challenging for promotion but that's not always easy to predict.