Elliot Anderson

joeyt

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

He's so comfortable driving with the ball anywhere throughout the middle and down the left, physically looks ready for the premier league as well

His decision making/composure is what has impressed me the most  also his defensive contributions 

Hes showing alot of promise although it is only against pre season sides and he will be pushing himself hard to impress, perhaps with the 5 sub rule he might be a option to keep on this season. He certainly wont be kept in the squad to start games though (other than cups), he will be eased in carefully over the season as Howe likes to do. 

He has noticeably good on-pitch awareness when receiving the ball. Not the type of thing we ever seem to get from our academy players.

He also looks physically strong. 

I'd be pretty surprised if he doesn't hang around first half of the season to be honest.

I only watched a little bit of him in league two, but I'd be really reluctant to keep him here. Despite being a threat he was patchy in possession, which is fine in League Two when possession turns over constantly, but something that needs to be ironed out at PL level.

I think he'd do much better to go to a League One or Championship team that keep possession for 6 months to a year.

Saying that, going on pre-season there's a stronger argument for playing him than there is Murphy.

Edited by Kid Icarus

Thing is our wingers are crap and we're probably a midfielder short overall in terms of the squad. He can play all of those positions - which makes me think as it stands he won't be going anywhere.

Edited by ponsaelius

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I only watched a little bit of him in league two, but I'd be really reluctant to keep him here. I think he'd do much better to go to a League One or Championship team that keep possession.

Saying that, going on pre-season there's a stronger argument for playing him than there is Murphy.

It's a tough decision. He's better than a lot we have but going on loan and starting every week would surely be better for his development if he would only be a bench player. Think a lot depends on whether we can a sign a RW or not.

Edited by Pata

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I only watched a little bit of him in league two, but I'd be really reluctant to keep him here. Despite being a threat he was patchy in possession, which is fine in League Two when possession turns over constantly, but something that needs to be ironed out at PL level.

I think he'd do much better to go to a League One or Championship team that keep possession for 6 months to a year.

Compared to the Hughie, Dewie and Louis, I thought his possession was anything but patchy.

8 minutes ago, Rich said:

At the moment, he should start. That could change depending on remaining business.

On the left? Maxi on the right. 

Edited by gdm

Just now, HawK said:

Aye, I think it means that Fraser, Almiron and Murphy would struggle to get in that team to be honest :lol:

Fraser's fine imo. League Two is shockingly bad though, all of them would run riot, without question.

Anderson looked better today in terms of consistency than he did when I saw him at BR though. I guess he was taking more risks there though.