Elliot Anderson

joeyt

8 minutes ago, SEMTEX said:

I do not agree that he played well when he came on at the San Siro :D. My recollection was that he was rather headless and got dragged out of position leaving significant gaps and putting Burn on a hiding to nowt.

I've not watched the game back and my memory is a bit hazy as I was a nervous wreck at the time but from what I remember he looked pretty solid defensively, looked comfortable on the ball (bar one lose pass), but in two really important blocks, and almost set up the winner with really good close control into space and having the vision lay it off to Longstaff. He certainty didn't play badly, even if you disagree that he played well. 

Also, in terms of the gaps for Burn, Tonali was much more of a culprit then Anderson. Obvs Tonali played longer. 

If he's going to make it to be an elite player, its going to be his intelligence that gets him their. He's was so good today at finding little pockets of space, and the recycling possession. Seemed to have a good relationship with Gordon as well. 

6 minutes ago, 54 said:

If he's going to make it to be an elite player, its going to be his intelligence that gets him their. He's was so good today at finding little pockets of space, and the recycling possession. Seemed to have a good relationship with Gordon as well. 

Indeed. Like him best when he is passing and moving and only really driving with the ball when he's in space. Looks fantastic when playing that way.

from previous showings I’ve thought one of the things he could improve on is his ball retention and just being safer in possession. He was excellent at it today. Pass completion was 93% from 46 passes which is great considering how far forward he generally plays.

2 minutes ago, Smal said:

from previous showings I’ve thought one of the things he could improve on is his ball retention and just being safer in possession. He was excellent at it today. Pass completion was 93% from 46 passes which is great considering how far forward he generally plays.

Agree 100%.

So much better when moving the ball on quicker and finding space to receive it again.

When he allows himself to be pressured in midfield he doesn't tend to hold onto the ball. 

Should limit his holding onto into the ball to when he drifts wide and can then take on players there.

Definitely belongs at this level like. His ball retention and awareness seems to have much improved since the early stages of last season.

If he could add a few goals ala pre-season that'd be nice but for now I'm enjoying the fact he's growing into a really dependable player. Dependable will hopefully then turn into a difference-making in time which he has bags of on his side.

2 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Definitely belongs at this level like. His ball retention and awareness seems to have much improved since the early stages of last season.

If he could add a few goals ala pre-season that'd be nice but for now I'm enjoying the fact he's growing into a really dependable player. Dependable will hopefully then turn into a difference-making in time which he has bags of on his side.

Not really bothered about the goals, you know he's got that in his locker. More important will be his ball retention, he was excellent today, the next step will be to do it against the top half teams.