Elliot Anderson

joeyt

4 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Not sure what his top speed is like but his acceleration is not great and that’s more important for a wide man really 

I disagree, looks a fast and a beast when he surges forward, just lacks quality like pretty much everyone today

5 minutes ago, Mountain said:

I disagree, looks a fast and a beast when he surges forward, just lacks quality like pretty much everyone today

Fair enough, I actually really like him and think he’s got more than enough quality on the ball to succeed at this level but we obviously see things differently in terms of his pace

I think he's still playing within himself when he's on the ball, as if he doesn't feel he belongs yet. There's a real player in him if he can find that self belief and start grabbing games by the scruff of the neck. 

8 minutes ago, Andy said:

I think he's still playing within himself when he's on the ball, as if he doesn't feel he belongs yet. There's a real player in him if he can find that self belief and start grabbing games by the scruff of the neck. 

Agreed, I don’t think he has fully let loose yet as he doesn’t want to make a mistake. Once he feels confident that the manager trusts him I can see him going up a few levels. 

I like his aggression and his strength but I honestly believe Miley would perform better. Maybe not in games like tonight as the occasion is huge, but Sheff Utd for example would rather see Miley as a sub appearance over Anderson.

He was fucking brilliant pre season though so he deserved his chance.

Edited by Scotty66

1 minute ago, Scotty66 said:

I like his aggression and his strength but I honestly believe Miley would perform better. Maybe not in games like tonight as the occasion is huge, but Sheff Utd for example would rather see Miley as a sub appearance over Anderson.

Miley looks a very intelligent player for his years, and in the short stints, more of a midfielder. Anderson is like a hybrid of positions, but you can't really nail a specific one.

3 years on Miley, but Miley could go far with a coach like Eddie. 

5 hours ago, Andy said:

I agree with this. I think once he has a premier league game that he really makes his mark on, then we will see him step up another level.

15 hours ago, Scotty66 said:

How on earth can you form a view on Miley :lol:

27 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

How on earth can you form a view on Miley :lol:

Seen him for the under 21's, all pre season (was fantastic against Villa) and even last season against Chelsea he was unlucky not to score when he hit the bar from a long shot. From the small amount I have seen he seems to have a lot more creativity than Anderson which is what we need in midfield at the moment.

Just now, Scotty66 said:

Seen him for the under 21's, all pre season (was fantastic against Villa) and even last season against Chelsea he was unlucky not to score when he hit the bar from a long shot. From the small amount I have seen he seems to have a lot more creativity than Anderson which is what we need in midfield at the moment.

I'd say our biggest problem in midfield is the pedestrian way in which the better teams walk through it on the counter. Unless you mean creatively changing the formation to stop this happening.

Anderson is much further along in his development than Miley, which your sample size clearly demonstrates. 

30 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Do people reckon he starts the next game?

I think he will, Longstaff has played 2 back to back and after recovering from an injury Howe will probably looked to not overwork him, and Anderson looked more then accomplished enough last weekend, and he played well when he came on at the San Siro. Howe seems to be trusting him more and more too, so think we'll see him a fair bit over the next couple of weeks.

On 20/09/2023 at 00:04, Scotty66 said:

Miley has a bit more finesse about his game, he seems to be able to make time on the ball which makes him look comfortable even under pressure. Elliott is a bit more direct and more threatening, but that also means he's going to find it tougher to get change out of top class defenders.

Just now, SEMTEX said:

I do not agree that he played well when he came on at the San Siro :D. My recollection was that he was rather headless and got dragged out of position leaving significant gaps and putting Burn on a hiding to nowt.

Isak having negative stamina didn't help with that more than Anderson being shite by my reckoning.