Joe Willock

I think he could be one of our most important players until the end of the season. We’ve got solid quality now at left back, CB and in the middle with Joelinton. We have players who care all over the park but in terms of quality in the final third we basically have ASM and this lad. He’s shown quality in the last four fixtures but today he really turned up in the first half. He rinsed them with three or four quality 20-yard runs, MoTM for me with Joelinton coming in second 

Reallly pleased for him, he doesn't really get enough credit from some fans for the shifts he puts in. I'm thinking some pretty popular Youtube channels like The Toon Review where they have big mouths and not much football sense.

4 hours ago, DJ_NUFC said:

He was absolutely brilliant today. Didn’t look too happy to be subbed off, I think Shelvey or Big Jow should have come off instead, but it’s a good sign when a player doesn’t wanna come off. 

His goal scoring run, last season, came after complaining about not starting. Could be a good sign.

3 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Not saying we shouldn't still be worried about those behind us, but for some perspective, Burnley and Norwich are 5 points behind us, Watford 4...

We are 5 points behind Leicester, Villa, 4 behind Palace, 2 behind Brentford, 1 behind Leeds, 1 behind Everton.

We're very much part of a much bigger pack now. 

Level with Everton, although they do have a game in hand. 

Throw him on the list - alongside Fraser, Shelvey, et al - as a player that has seen an upturn in form after being properly coached by Eddie Howe. The destruction that was the Bruce era is there to see in individual players form and Willock is no different. 

Howe is the manager that has genuine cause to say he's undoing the work (read damage) done by his predecessor. 

1 hour ago, RodneyCisse said:

Since he cut his hair he’s been class.

On 12/12/2021 at 15:00, Conjo said:

I feel like Willock will be forever shit until he fixes that god awful hair cut. It's like a botched Rufus Brevett job.