Joe Willock

1 minute ago, Hovagod said:

Yeah, but I was initially panicked Wilson was offside. That would have been a little annoying. 

I thought that too but he must have known he was behind the ball and nick the goal. You'd hope he'd have just let it if he knew it was going to be a tight one

6 minutes ago, Klaus said:

Did Wilson nick his goal? :lol: Thought it was going wide

I would say it was going in or hitting the post, can’t really blame Wilson for tapping it in to make sure.

12 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I thought that too but he must have known he was behind the ball and nick the goal. You'd hope he'd have just let it if he knew it was going to be a tight one

Yeah, during that interminable var check I was thinking that maybe they were looking at that given how obviously onside the first touch was, but both were miles on.

17 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

I'm not his biggest fan but you give credit when it's due. Still don't really know what his best position is, he clearly functions best in a counter-attacking team. I don't see him as a true CM really, he lacks the attributes generally needed, but he contributed today.

He's a shadow striker AM hybrid for me. It looks like today suited him.

Good, now show it weekly. Show it when we need another player to step up. Show it when Bruno can’t, Or Maxi can’t. It’s time to step up in his career. The excuses need to stop. He’s talented as hell.

Edited by Kanji

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

He's a shadow striker AM hybrid for me. It looks like today suited him.

Fair :thup:

Aye, there may only be a few games a season that truly "suit" his style. He may integrate better as time goes on and EH's coaching sinks in, maybe he'll just be a late bloomer, it's hard to say. He's still young, definitely needs support and time if he's ever going to truly get it.

Was class today. Involved in everything good we did going forward and provided so many overloads, particularly down the left. Some lovely tricks and flicks when it was game over too.

45 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Good, now show it weekly. Show it when we need another player to step up. Show it when Bruno can’t, Or Maxi can’t. It’s time to step up in his career. The excuses need to stop. He’s talented as hell.

Watched his highlights from the Fulham match 2 year ago and he was unplayable.

Anything like that or today going forward and he’ll be hard to take out the team.

1 hour ago, tomlynnherrington said:

He didn’t have a good game though.A good cross for Miggy’s second mind.Not playing on the right allowed Trippier to get numerous crosses in today.Bruno and to a lesser degree Longstaff ran the midfield.Wilson and Miggy were a right handful today.The back three were superb.Are you suggesting Willock was better than any of the players I have mentioned? Being anonymous for most of the game didn’t  impress me today.

Just because Bruno and Longstaff did their jobs, doesn't negate Willock's contribution. I'm not here to write a detailed breakdown of his contribution for you. Either you weren't watching the game or you had made your mind up he played badly before the game was played.

I know we all have different takes on players, on how they play and how the performances go, but to think Willock didn't have good game is mad.

Same with Murphy, i think he's not good enough, but he also played well today and you have to admit it to be fair and balanced. Or you're just trying to find holes in good performance because you just don't like the player.

Edited by Bimpy474

He was good, to suggest otherwise is likely someone who is extremely bias. 

As some others have said, his willingness to attack space and create overloads is invaluable and really speaks of his stamina and willingness to contribute.