Joe Willock

11 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Great stuff but its the minimum we needed and it only puts us level with last season.

Meanwhile, our PL rivals have strengthened for THIS season....

I don't think Burnley, Wolves, Southampton or Brighton are any better off. Palace could go either way. The top clubs have gone mad, a lot of the rest have been a bit tit for tat.

Likewise the three promoted clubs, I've seen very little suggest any of them will be better than relegation candidates.

If our star players stay fit for the majority of the season we won't be in any trouble whatsoever. Unfortunately even a couple of injuries exposes our shit squad depth.

2 minutes ago, toon25 said:

An injury Wilson away from another relegation battle imo.

Aye. Last season Wilson's goals, Willock's goals and ASM's performances kept us up. 2019-20 our defence more or less kept us up due to the goals they scored ( :lol: ) plus some defensive tendencies instilled by Benitez were yet to wear off, hence why shocking performances mainly at home tended to be ground out to 0-0 draws particularly against the dross.  We've stood still with Willock coming in but at least that gaping hole in the midfield has been filled. Plus I love the lad and its nice to actually feel something when watching us.

Just now, thomas said:

thought we didn't have a pot to piss in and given our stated intent of paying everything up front where'd 20m come from

Saw one journalist (might have been Waugh) saying we don’t have a budget as such. If we think a player is good value even if it’s not particularly cheap, they’ll try and do it. Similar to Lewis last summer.

1 minute ago, thomas said:

thought we didn't have a pot to piss in and given our stated intent of paying everything up front where'd 20m come from

Found some unused rolls of wallpaper we were able to shift. 

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Saw one journalist (might have been Waugh) saying we don’t have a budget as such. If we think a player is good value even if it’s not particularly cheap, they’ll try and do it. Similar to Lewis last summer.

Yeah but honest Steve explicitly said we didn't have much money. Weird that that turned out to be another fat dollop of bullshit. 

Bruce handsomely backed again. Poor bloke. Absolute miracle worker mind, keeping this squad up. 

Excellent signing if it gets done and I think great value at the £20m-ish quoted. Of course, Charnley and Co will love the fact that they can dress standing still from last May up as ambition to plenty of match-going divvies.