Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

Was listening to the Ornstein and Chapman podcast today, apparently club sources have relayed to them that they firmly believe Bruce is the ideal man to take us back up in the event of possible (probable) relegation [emoji38]

Wonder if he can improve upon his heroic 12th placed finish last time when he was down there managing the biggest club with the largest wage budget in the division at the time.

3 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Was listening to the Ornstein and Chapman podcast today, apparently club sources have relayed to them that they firmly believe Bruce is the ideal man to take us back up in the event of possible (probable) relegation [emoji38]

Wonder if he can improve upon his heroic 12th placed finish last time when he was down there managing the biggest club with the largest wage budget in the division at the time.

Can Bruce withstand fans throwing cabbages at him every game? Let's see if he can get away unscathed from pre-season training and games first before the Championahip season starts.

6 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

No takeover and Bruce in charge and I don’t think many will give a fuck anymore. I still maintain that crowds will absolutely crash in this event. Unless Ashley is willing to increase his free tickets to over 20k I honestly doubt you will have 30k in the stadium. I know some on here disagree, but, we will see as it’s very likely going to be tested.

Edited by et tu brute

8 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Ashley and Barnes on the absolute fucking windup there. [emoji38]

Absolutely nobody could think that a shit manager who doesn’t even want to be here is ‘the best man’.

3 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

No takeover and Bruce in charge and I don’t think many will give a fuck anymore. I still maintain that crowds will absolutely crash in this event. Unless Ashley is willing to increase his free tickets to over 20k I honestly doubt you will have 30k in the stadium. I know some on here disagree, but, we will see as it’s very likely going to be tested.

Disagree, obviously attendances will drop to some degree but I don't believe it'll be substantial.

Even just through a quick look on social media, all the superfans are still maintaining they're proud to 'support the team, not the regime' and the other same empty platitudes.

Don't really know why anyone is expecting our fanbase to change, never will.

How the fuck can 'club sources' think that?   

If my memory serves me correctly, to get promoted from the championship is all about the accumulation of points isn't it?  

To accumulate points you have to win games?

To win games you have to attack the opposition and score goals?

Where the fuck has this cabbage faced kunt displayed that he can get 'his' team to do any of that?  We couldn't even beat Brentford's reserves for fuck sake!!   

To be top in the championship you have to have momentum, be on a roll like Norwich have been.  The only fucking rolls this wanker knows is the bacon variety.  

FUCK OFF!!!

2 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Disagree, obviously attendances will drop to some degree but I don't believe it'll be substantial.

Even just through a quick look on social media, all the superfans are still maintaining they're proud to 'support the team, not the regime' and the other same empty platitudes.

We’ll see

28 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

it really means they arent going to pay him off with millions, and they feel that they'll not be able to get anyone in better without another payoff. so instead of spending over £5m trying to change manager they'll let the useless twat get on with it.

its purely finanancial. i'm sure they've realised Bruce is clueless but wtf....

I want to go because i want to abuse him in person, ive been denied that opportunity because of covid so if he is still here when they let us back in im going and hopefully thousands of others do too.

The flat faced fucker deserves everything he gets inside and outside of the stadium

46 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

I will bet that the numbers of these self-styled "superfans" will currently be no more that 20,000. People are in for a shock how low the crowds will be if NUFC are mid-table or worse in the Championship.

Also, let's not forget that the vast majority of this lot will not have witnessed NUFC do anything worse than finish top of the Championship. A year or two truly in the wilderness will sharp have loads of them jumping ship.

I can 100% see them sticking with Bruce if/when we get relegated. I think it was someone like Caulkin or Waugh touched on it a few weeks back. They’ll think he’s the ‘right man’ for that division. As he has experience of being a shit manager at that level, as well as the Prem. Plus he got a few promotions and close calls over the years. Oh and he’s cheap and they don’t want to pay him compo.  

4 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

I can 100% see them sticking with Bruce if/when we get relegated. I think it was someone like Caulkin or Waugh touched on it a few weeks back. They’ll think he’s the ‘right man’ for that division. As he has experience of being a shit manager at that level, as well as the Prem. Plus he got a few promotions and close calls over the years. Oh and he’s cheap and they don’t want to pay him compo.  

He's not, and if those two say that, they're talking absolute shite. Doesn't surprise me though as I just don't get the love in with Caulkin by some on here and Waugh is just a junior Ryder.

7 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

He's not, and if those two say that, they're talking absolute shite. Doesn't surprise me though as I just don't get the love in with Caulkin by some on here and Waugh is just a junior Ryder.

i think Vlad was saying ashley and his crew, not caulkin/waugh think that bruce is the right man.

Edited by huss9

2 minutes ago, huss9 said:

i think Vlad was saying ashley and his crew, not caulkin/waugh think that bruce is the right man.

Doesn't read that way then, mind I'm not a fan of Caulkin or Waugh either way, though I know some will disagree.

Edited by et tu brute

5 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Doesn't read that way then, mind I'm not a fan of Caulkin or Waugh either way, though I know some will disagree.

Caulkin imo is the best journalist covering the club.