Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

If I could find a player who cost the staggeringly low figure of, let's say, £4 million, and I told Mike Ashley that buying this player would virtually guarantee safety from relegation.

Do you think he'd go for it? I bet he would.

OK, so reverse the order, getting rid of someone who, let's say, would cost £4 million, but would guarantee safety from relegation.

Do you think he'd go for it? I bet he would.

So do the proper thing for this football club, Ashley, and sack the cunt. Now!

Steve "The coward" Bruce saying he expects to be here next season because he knows he will be, as for Mersin i can't even remember the last time i watched Gillette soccer Saturday ( if it's still called that) or Ssn it's just talksport but on TV

There's your football punditry of today for you, Just 100% misreading the scenario that would play out if fans were in the stadium.

Also apparently a mole leaking stuff to a journalist is more likely to be the cause of relegation  than a manager that's been in place for 19months. Bet nobody knew that until this season just like no manager had ever done a great job dropping their side to 17th before this season

Steve "The coward" Bruce saying he expects to be here next season because he knows he will be, as for Mersin i can't even remember the last time i watched Gillette soccer Saturday ( if it's still called that) or Ssn it's just talksport but on TV

I don't think he will be here next season, regardless of which division we're in. Seems like a fair few players have had enough of his pub football training sessions, I think it will get to a point where they'll stop playing for him. Seems to happen everywhere else he goes after the first year or so he's been in charge.

Even Monday Night Football has gone down hill. Show has been diluted so much now with guests on you don’t get Carragher and Neville hashing out, and analyses a few different points from weekend anymore.

There be montage of players arriving, few clips of whoever guest is, introduction, adverts, then be one analytical piece that’s uploaded to YT anyway. Then more adverts, then 20 minutes of showing line ups and mundane manager interviews. After the match they’ll be interviews that are usually dull, talk about generic VAR referee decision, adverts, 5 minutes of analyses and then talk to Gus Poyet about why he was crap at Mackems, how Adam Johnson used to do his girlfriend’s homework on the team bus. 

Not what it used to be. Soccer Saturday from what I see has gone to s***. Don’t think it’s ever sold itself as prime intellectual punditry, more blokes talking about football and having a laugh, but now just seems filled with loads of people that aren’t interesting, funny or know what their talking about. Like who in their right mind wants to listen to Clinton Morrison battle with the English language or have Lescott play captain obvious.

Anyone think he goes if we lose tomorrow? It’s a must surely

He's going absolutely nowhere unless we fall into the drop zone. Losing tomorrow is hardly even a problem from their point of view.

He's going absolutely nowhere unless we fall into the drop zone. Losing tomorrow is hardly even a problem from their point of view.

Could well be in the bottom 3 by 4pm tomorrow

True. My missing asterisk was, assuming Liverpool beat Fulham.

True. My missing asterisk was, assuming Liverpool beat Fulham.

Madness isn’t it