Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

14 minutes ago, TRon said:

Has any Athletic journalist written an article about Bruce being a shit manager? Not being a subscriber I might well have missed it. 

Chris Waugh has done plenty

1 hour ago, reefatoon said:

He’s probably in the process of writing about how his kids didn’t want eggs this year, they asked for world peace instead. The sanctimonious cunt that he is.

Why can't male chickens lay eggs, Dad. It seems unfair.

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Dunno what else to say really, none of this makes sense. Why does he want to be here, why hasn’t he been sacked, why did they bother with Jones?

Whole thing is beyond a joke. 

It makes sense if you understand Ashley doesn't want to know and he's left his PA in charge of the club. The PA who asks Bobby Moncur and Graham Carr for advice. 

4 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Chris Waugh has done plenty

Fair enough. I assumed Caulkin was their reporter covering our games and I don't think he's said much critical of Bruce at all. 

2 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

Imagine the patter between Steve and Jose in the after match drink.

His tongue will be firmly implanted in Jose’s arsehole so I don’t imagine there will be much convo

He’s absolutely bomb-proof thanks to his unwavering loyalty to Ashley. Bastard has even moved back home to Manchester to avoid the fans. 
I can however see him resigning before the fans are allowed back in though as he is a coward of a human. 

2 minutes ago, RS said:

He’s absolutely bomb-proof thanks to his unwavering loyalty to Ashley. Bastard has even moved back home to Manchester to avoid the fans. 
I can however see him resigning before the fans are allowed back in though as he is a coward of a human. 

Really? Where was he living before? And is that why he sometimes doesn't turn up for training? It is quite a long drive to be doing 3 times a week.

On The Athletic I um and arr a bit about keeping subscribed to it. They do decent writers though. I understand why everyone has lost faith in Caulkin, he ended up looking a mug over the takeover and he is compromised by his friendship with Bruce. The podcast is rubbish too. He's still a great writer though when on other subjects. I do think they are critical of Bruce, the article today was depressed about it all. Honestly though what keeps me with it is more other stuff, I can barely read this form I'm so depressed about NUFC let alone too many articles about us. 

4 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I'm surprised anyone could use the word 'shit' when talking about The Athletic and yet they've never had a subscription to read the articles on there

I said I was glad I didn't pay a subscription fee to read that sort of shit in response to someone posting a report that Bruce was was being offered a contract extension. It was as much disgust at the content than the Athletic itself. Although I'm not a fan of Caulkin these days, and the only reason I would consider subscribing is if there was some insight into NUFC. 

It's not that sort of shit though, they're just reporting what their sources have probably told them

For what it's worth 99% of my reading on The Athletic are on articles that are not NUFC related

5 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

Really? Where was he living before? And is that why he sometimes doesn't turn up for training? It is quite a long drive to be doing 3 times a week.

Jesmond Park West area, I believe. 

8 minutes ago, joeyt said:

It's not that sort of shit though, they're just reporting what their sources have probably told them

For what it's worth 99% of my reading on The Athletic are on articles that are not NUFC related

I'm sure it's a quality sports site, but as I've got older I really only scan the sports pages for NUFC stuff these days so for me personally it's not that enticing. Caulkin as a writer I used to admire needs to get off the fence IMO. As one of their chief football correspondents he should be offering an opinion on Bruce. If he doesn't think he's a poor manager, he could offer some insight as to why he's the right man for the job. 

To be fair when the results and performances are dire we have a right to moan but it would be unfair and hypocritical not to give credit where it's due for today's performance. 

Well done Jonesy. Much better today. 

Also thanks to cock end Bruce for not turning up to training so we could achieve something. 

Edited by toontownman