Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

If he disappears this summer the damage will have been repaired by September. He's not enough of a grafer to have changed much systematically. The few changes he's made have been random and a new setup will wipe everything out in weeks.

27 minutes ago, astraguy said:

The damage this bloke has done will continue for a very long time even though we are safe.I can see alot of players wanting to move in the summer Lascelles,longstaffs,dubs,schar possibly even darlow meanwhile  this clown will get praise for keeping us up and a new contract

There'd only be an exodus if we get relegated imo, even then I think there'll be some nutters who feel a duty to stay and get us back up, especially seeing as their wages won't be effected. Like you say I think there's a shitload of players in the squad who should be out of here at the first opportunity, but they're still getting paid obscene amounts of money at the end of the day. Who was the last NUFC player to actually submit a transfer request? Carroll? 

Is the general consensus now that Bruce will be staying next season, possibly even get a new deal.  Should we manage to stay in the league?  

I think I'd rather we were relegated.  Just to be on the safe side.

Bruce will not be here next season.

Ashley is gambling he can keep us up this year. It's his final gamble. Ashley and Bruce will both be gone by next season, survival permitting.

Not sure what happens if/when we go down.

In whatever league we are in next season, I genuinley feel Bruce will only last the first few weeks/months of the season due to fans returning. I know people will always slate our fans who turn up at SJP for being sheeps, but there will also be those who hate Bruce present, if not at home games, perhaps away or even going to the training ground etc. There is no way he can ride out bad results and performances next season like he has this season. Out by autumn or Christmas. He'll blame the fans for the pressure and threatening his families safety etc.2. Cabbages might alao be in demand next seaaon too.

37 minutes ago, Rocker said:

Ashley is gambling he can keep us up this year. It's his final gamble. Ashley and Bruce will both be gone by next season, survival permitting.

I admire your confidence mate 

4 hours ago, Rocker said:

Sounds about right. Not sure where this talk about a new deal has come from but I take it about as seriously as the idea that Bruce was 11th choice manager at the cost of £4m compensation. 

If Newcastle are above 18th after matchday 38, and Steve Bruce is in charge, he won't be sacked before Matchday 1 next season, I'd put my house on it. He's only leaving if he chooses to in that scenario.