Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

Staggering that he thinks any criticism is  nonsense after winning 2 games in 21. So basically he thinks that's acceptable?

I don't condone violence like but I'd love to punch this fat wankers ugly fat face in. 

It wouldn't be so bad if he was talking up his team, but all his defensive blurbs are spewed with the intent to save his own sinking reputation. Which should have been flushed down the toilet decades ago. 

I believe the "contract upon relegation" talk is just an Edwardsian ruse made up to irritate fans. :lol:  His one job was to tread enough water to stay up and now we learn that if he fails to do that he'll be rewarded? Nah. No way.

1 hour ago, Scoot said:

Staggering that he thinks any criticism is  nonsense after winning 2 games in 21. So basically he thinks that's acceptable?

I don't condone violence like but I'd love to punch this fat wankers ugly fat face in. 

At least you wouldn’t know the difference when you did punch his face in.

No jury would commit.

The worst thing is, it’s so obvious we’ll put a stinking performance in against Burnley and lose.

He’ll live off this point for weeks, despite it not even being that great. Spurs were dire. They’re also very beatable, even by the most average teams.

This point, similar to the Aston Villa draw, Southampton win and Everton win are papering over the very clear cracks. 

Our form is fucking stinking, yet he and his media chums are going on like we’re playing out of our skins.

Tottenham (h), Brighton (a), Aston Villa (h), West Brom (a), Wolves (h) in the last 5 and we’ve not even managed a fucking win. 4 points from that is not good enough for a team battling for their lives. Our next 5 fixtures are much harder - where are the points coming from?

I don’t trust this team to go to Fulham on the final day and avoid defeat. We need to be 4 points clear of them.

West Brom went to Chelsea and thumped them. We went and surrendered before a ball was even kicked.

We’ve not won a game of football in two months and he’s celebrating a last gasp point AT HOME to a team who recently lost 3-0 to Zagreb.

That’s the same West Brom who are only 3 wins away from us. At one point Fulham were 3 wins away from us too...

The expectations of this fan base are criminally poor yet we’re constantly told they are too high. Ashley and Bruce have forced them to the lowest ebb and people (media included) lap it up. This is not good enough, the performance today wasn’t good enough - but people see it as a fucking positive because we “showed a bit of grit”. That Tottenham team were all over the place and there for the taking.

We’ve won 2 games in twenty-fucking-one. Over the last 15 games we’re rock bottom of the form table. Yet he’s prancing around like the Cheshire cat today. Fuck off.

Those 15 mins when we were in the bottom 3 was a sign of what will inevitably still happen, this season or next. I still think it's too late for a change to matter much but it's better than nothing 

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

The worst thing is, it’s so obvious we’ll put a stinking performance in against Burnley and lose.

He’ll live off this point for weeks, despite it not even being that great. Spurs were dire. They’re also very beatable, even by the most average teams.

This point, similar to the Aston Villa draw, Southampton win and Everton win are papering over the very clear cracks. 

Our form is fucking stinking, yet he and his media chums are going on like we’re playing out of our skins.

Tottenham (h), Brighton (a), Aston Villa (h), West Brom (a), Wolves (h) in the last 5 and we’ve not even managed a fucking win. 4 points from that is not good enough for a team battling for their lives. Our next 5 fixtures are much harder - where are the points coming from?

I don’t trust this team to go to Fulham on the final day and avoid defeat. We need to be 4 points clear of them.

West Brom went to Chelsea and thumped them. We went and surrendered before a ball was even kicked.

We’ve not won a game of football in two months and he’s celebrating a last gasp point AT HOME to a team who recently lost 3-0 to Zagreb.

That’s the same West Brom who are only 3 wins away from us. At one point Fulham were 3 wins away from us too...

The expectations of this fan base are criminally poor yet we’re constantly told they are too high. Ashley and Bruce have forced them to the lowest ebb and people (media included) lap it up. This is not good enough, the performance today wasn’t good enough - but people see it as a fucking positive because we “showed a bit of grit”. That Tottenham team were all over the place and there for the taking.

We’ve won 2 games in twenty-fucking-one. Over the last 15 games we’re rock bottom of the form table. Yet he’s prancing around like the Cheshire cat today. Fuck off.

^^^^^ Brilliant 

In his pre match press conference on Sky, Steve Bruce said that "the one thing these players are capable of is rolling up their sleeves".

So, all this talk of him skipping training sessions is clearly wrong.

I'm glad that's the one thing they're capable of, and they can now do it.

Before you kick a football, you see, you must first roll up your sleeves.

It's a lot like making love to a beautiful lady

Noticed among his quotes today that he said (of Joelinton): "the easiest thing to do is stick it in the net." Christ knows what he's getting at there, given poor Joe only scores once every 400 games. :lol:

The stuff about "all the nonsense up here;" meh, it just can't not rile you. Bloke's just a horrible ball of hot air. He'll happily come out with platitudes like accepting criticism and being thick-skinned and whatever other bollocks clichés (i.e. useful lies to get him through a not-remotely-grueling interview), but the moment he senses any vindication - regardless of justification, he's coming out with shite like that. Such a dislikeable bloke. I detest that he represents us, he makes my skin crawl. 

Never thought he or anyone would surpass the snake salesman but we're certainly getting there. 

18 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Noticed among his quotes today that he said (of Joelinton): "the easiest thing to do is stick it in the net." Christ knows what he's getting at there, given poor Joe only scores once every 400 games. :lol:

The stuff about "all the nonsense up here;" meh, it just can't not rile you. Bloke's just a horrible ball of hot air. He'll happily come out with platitudes like accepting criticism and being thick-skinned and whatever other bollocks clichés (i.e. useful lies to get him through a not-remotely-grueling interview), but the moment he senses any vindication - regardless of justification, he's coming out with shite like that. Such a dislikeable bloke. I detest that he represents us, he makes my skin crawl. 

Never thought he or anyone would surpass the snake salesman but we're certainly getting there. 

I despise Bruce more than any manager ever to have managed our magnificent club...we’ve had 35 managers since i started going to matches in 1960 and only Carver comes close to being anywhere near as despicable as this cretin........I’m almost at a stage of preferring to see Bruce go before Ashley....not quite there yet but getting close.

Edited by Jinky Jim

This will get the media off his back now until the next horror show.

Its occurred to me that these (rare) team performances this season have all been against sides that either have major problems or just had an off day, not because we played so well, just something missing in them that allowed us to be more than we are.

When we play a team that’s playing to their ability we get stuffed

So basically if the takeover doesn't happen and Bruce keeps Newcastle up he gets a contract extension and we go into next season with the current squad plus a few free transfers? 

2 hours ago, Ben said:

So basically if the takeover doesn't happen and Bruce keeps Newcastle up he gets a contract extension and we go into next season with the current squad plus a few free transfers? 

Aye perfect situation now for Ashley. He has Bruce there as a shield taking most the flak whilst he has most the fanbase convinced he’s “desperate” to sell. 38 pts a season target with Bruce and a few cheap signings for the foreseeable. 45k will rock up still filling his pockets further.

lovely 

Edited by CalmintheChaos