Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

51 minutes ago, duo said:

They seem to forget what Rafa did with this same squad 

Can you believe the hard time he got in the press as well, but it's the fans that are demanding idiots [emoji38]

You'd swear we live on different plains of existence at times, but then you remember press/media/pundits are thick as mince wum's.

7 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

He was talking about the ref.

“Why didn’t he stop it? He hasn’t got a fucking clue”

Even so, I still find it highly ironic that he's having a pop at anyone else for "not having a fucking clue" tbh

4 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Certainly looks that way doesn't it. Or haggling over the pay off.

That £8million is not worth haggling about. Yes its detrimental to the team keeping Bruce still but £8million is nothing to these people. They really want their man in and confirmed before kicking Bruce out it seems.

Edited by nufcjb

I’m confused. Is there something about our contracts? Took us ages to sack McClaren and now Bruce. 

if it’s to do with a replacement I don’t get that either. They surely want him gone, so it’s not fair on anyone to keep him around. Don’t think he should be treated like that as much as I don’t like him. 

1 minute ago, St. Maximin said:

I’m confused. Is there something about our contracts? Took us ages to sack McClaren and now Bruce. 

if it’s to do with a replacement I don’t get that either. They surely want him gone, so it’s not fair on anyone to keep him around. Don’t think he should be treated like that as much as I don’t like him. 

He’s free to resign I imagine. 

1 hour ago, St. Maximin said:

Problem is, unless Bruce’s record becomes significantly weaker the Rafa comparisons are ineffective. It’s all fair enough saying look at what he did with a lack of funds, had a vision, engaged with the fans and the city etc. However, it takes too much analysis for the average ignorant fan/pundit to realise that. Or they are just suffering from major confirmation bias post-takeover as we’re all awful people all of a sudden.  

You're right. He hasn't won a game all season, the football is rancid, he's got an awful win rate and won nothing in 20years and he's defended more than any other manager we've had. Its hard to know how bad he'd have to be to be criticised, I doubt relegation again would do it.

Rafa inherited a team in the relegation zone and left them in midtable, Bruce inherited a midtable side and has them in the relegation zone. Couldn't be more stark really, but they'll find some factoid to paper over that.

Edited by Wolfcastle

3 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

You're right. He hasn't won a game all season, the football is rancid, he's got an awful win rate and won nothing in 20years and he's defended more than any other manager we've had. Its hard to know how bad he'd have to be to be criticised, I doubt relegation again would do it.

Rafa inherited a team in the relegation zone and left them in midtable, Bruce inherited a midtable side and has them in the relegation zone. Couldn't be more stark really, but they'll find some factoid to paper over that.

Yeah the problem is there are the alternative stats that say Bruce’s Newcastle points tally and positions in the Prem are similar and really that’s all his supporters are going to focus on. It’s clear as day to us he’s destroyed the solid defensive foundation we’ve had and his luck is running out but you can ignore that if you’re not willing to analyse properly/Bruce’s mates/hate the Toon fans.