Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

5 hours ago, thomas said:

1 Nov is my panic date.

Yeah I think that's when I become very concerned. Whoever comes in, caretaker or the permanent choice, they have to have November and December to turn things around and understand what signings we need for Jan. Big 2 months.

Guest reefatoon

Surprised no CEO or sporting director is in place yet. Knew a manager might take a little longer while we fill these places, but they really need to bring people in on the football side as soon as possible. Was expecting appointments in these roles straight off the bat, not sitting here nearly two weeks later with absolutely nothing changing. Quite surprised by that.

7 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Staveley’s said to L’Equipe that they want a replacement confirmed before they sack him.

In a normal situation, I can take that. Not when his presence itself is detrimental to the team. Lascelles and Hayden were already fighting after the match. :lol:

42 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Staveley’s said to L’Equipe that they want a replacement confirmed before they sack him.

Would of preferred Mandy to of made that comment to local media outlets for clarity tbh if she has made it

The inertia is crippling for the moral of the players, they look disinterested, demotivated & devoid with him still here, would love to be part of their whatsaap groups

9 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Its perfectly acceptable to utilise a caretaker, along with the remaining coaching staff. 

Yeah but if the Steves leave, them that leaves Smith and Jones as senior squad coaches. Smith is of course, the GK coach which would mean Jones is managing the remaining 22.

With coaching staff at reserve and junior levels thin on the ground and mostly not very good......who exactly do we bring in?

Just now, Lazarus said:

Yeah but if the Steves leave, them that leaves Smith and Jones as senior squad coaches. Smith is of course, the GK coach which would mean Jones is managing the remaining 22.

With coaching staff at reserve and junior levels thin on the ground and mostly not very good......who exactly do we bring in?

We would still be better off with the above scenario then having Bruce here a day longer.

2 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Jones manages the squad anyway on his own, with Bruce in the canteen buffet when he’s not at home with his slippers on. 

We need to get Bruce out asap. It's gonna take weeks to get the players back to proper match fitness. 

I'm sure Jones would at least have them training more often until a new manager comes in.

Plus everyday he is here, the atmosphere will get more toxic 

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

We would still be better off with the above scenario then having Bruce here a day longer.

I agree actually. And theres got to be out of work coaches who might fancy a short term contract on a big wedge

I understand wanting to have someone lined up but this isn't just the fans having lost patience over the past 2 years. This is extreme circumstances now.

I've seen a couple of comments saying that Jones may have said behind closed doors he doesn't want to take on the caretaker role.. has that come from anywhere with any validity? If true I say sack him off as well tbh. Obviously not quite as urgently as Bruce; wait until the new team is in place.. whoever that may be.

If the above Jones talk is a load of shite.. tell him he's in charge and he can give any peers a bell that are currently unattached and willing to lend a hand.

Edited by wormy