Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

Removing the current manager is the only prescient decision they need to make in the immediate future. He's a clear and obvious millstone, he needs to be removed from the equation immediately.  

It's a boys club, but we knew that for some time. Rafa brought dignity and professionalism back but all his work was undone within the 1st few weeks of Bruce arriving. 

Whole club is amateur. Saudis would.be better of folding it and starting again.

1 minute ago, neesy111 said:

A 6th person think he's doing a good job....

Alex must've brought his dad around to look at some of the vile comments people have made about him.

"Look at this dad, this one's calling you a fat cunt! And what about this one dad, someone's drawn you balls deep on a shitty cock"

17 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

You really are relentless in your negativity aren’t you? 😁 Do you not understand that the club has literally ZERO footballing executives in place? They have owned the club for 10 days. Bruce IS leaving. They’re just getting things aligned. Things aren’t always as simple as making things happen immediately because Twitter says it needs to.

Just have some patience (and trust) man. You’re working yourself into a frenzy over something you have no understanding of.

The transfer window comment was a joke 

However be as positive or spin it however you want but it is not acceptable that Steve Bruce is still manager regardless of the circumstances 

I get the PR given everything controversial surrounding PIF and the PL. Binning off a popular PL old boy prior to 1000th game is not a good look and optics matter. Panders to hogwash sentiment but I see the logic. After this point it’s almost impossible to rationalise. Oddly perhaps they are speaking & listening to too many football people, who cite his good standing/golf handicap.

Edited by Darth Crooks

If this had happened a few months earlier, Rafa would probably be the manager now and advising them what needs done to build a football infrastructure.

I wonder what infrastructural advice Bruce's 20years in management and 40years in football have brought to bear.

10 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

If this had happened a few months earlier, Rafa would probably be the manager now and advising them what needs done to build a football infrastructure.

I wonder what infrastructural advice Bruce's 20years in management and 40years in football have brought to bear.

Bruce would have wanted the canteen upgraded before the the wheelie bins, the inflatable pools and the leeches in the medical department room.

He's here because a new manager isn't totally lined up, ready to go. Like when Rafa was all done before we pulled the trigger on McClaren.

Far as I'm aware, Bruce is McClaren managing 'until he's told otherwise' and whether that takes a day, a week, a month more... he's not being sacked.

Ideally he'd have gone the day after the takeover announcement but for whatever reason PIF especially are taking a lot of time, risking a few games (before an especially bad patch in December when we can't buy our way out of things) for the benefit the future might bring 

Just now, huss9 said:

alex bruce saying his dad's "win percentage" is irrelevant as he's only coached small clubs.

i wonder his figures are for prem games, and non-prem games managed.

Yeah I mean, it's not like he's managed Aston Villa, Newcastle and Sunderland for significant periods of time.

Some of the most illustrious football clubs in England.