Newcastle United 1-1 Aston Villa - 12/3/21 post match p19 onward

Disco

Whoever scouted Joelinton and though he was a premier league footballer, yet alone one who was worth £40m, should be shot with shit and never work again. Possibly the worst atrocity ever committed at this club.

And we’ve had George Ormond on the staff.

Everytime Gayle picks up the ball on the left, he then waits for Fraser to do a switch jogs into the box and nothing happens.

Happened on three occasions,  what's it about?

Literally don't understand what's going on here.

It really is stupid from Gayle. It's like he expects play to stop as it is so he can get in the box.

Maybe if he was in his proper position and playing in and around the box, there wouldn't be a problem. He is not a right or left sided player never has been and never will be

Joelinton and Gayle on the wings whilst Fraser is through the middle is pure Steve Bruce like. What a fucking cabbage.

This is the system Jones was lauded for tbf. Its bollocks.

With these players it’s awful. Could work ok though

- Meh, expected worse. Partly down to Villa not really turning up.

- Classic performance under Bruce. Devoid of any quality in final third, rushed and nobody on same wavelength. No team cohesion, just a collection of players - mostly not up to par - trying to piece things together as they go. Only a Villa defensive balls up will see us getting a goal, or a VAR Spurs like shout.

- Thought Villa might have had more about them, can count ourselves fortunate that Grealish and Barkley and playing for them.

- Reminds me of Leicester home, binfire first half, but just needed opposition to wake up and we hand no answer.

When I was really young, like 3 years old, my childminders entered me into a dog showing event. The dog I showed was a nightmare and I had no control, he was jumping all over the place and pissed on the carpet. A total embarrassment.

At the end I got given a rosette that said "well done" cos I was visibly clueless and downtrodden.

Bruce and Jones want a "well done" rosette for this laughable set-up. Utter garbage.

If you can get odds on Shelvey giving away a moronic penalty I think this is the kind of game for it to happen, mind. When he's playing super gash he starts to try and make up for it by acting the hardman and tackling like an idiot. Be just our luck to play a team that doesnt look like scoring all game for someone like Shelvey to fuck things up.

Joelinton and Gayle on the wings whilst Fraser is through the middle is pure Steve Bruce like. What a fucking cabbage.

Aye same system v Everton, better players in Wilson and Almiron alongside Fraser.

Aye. But without those players fit this needs changing. Because its awful.

Aye. But without those players fit this needs changing. Because its awful.

Completely agree, but nobody at this club has a fucking clue what they’re doing, from top to bottom.

Joelinton and Gayle on the wings whilst Fraser is through the middle is pure Steve Bruce like. What a f***ing cabbage.

It's Valeriy Lobanovskyi's setup, except without the right profiles and skillsets in any of the right positions.

Willock is a bystander today, just jogging around and not really doing anything at all.

Seen a few nice little moves, but no one else seems to be on his wavelength so he gets swamped.

Shelvey doesn't seem to even be able to pass anymore

He's absolutely stealing a living. I think he's up there with the worst shirkers we've ever had. No redeeming features whatsoever, the cunt.

Aye same system v Everton, better players in Wilson and Almiron alongside Fraser.

Not just better players though, completely different players. Wilson’s some kind of superman so he can almost make it work.

Everytime Gayle picks up the ball on the left, he then waits for Fraser to do a switch jogs into the box and nothing happens.

Happened on three occasions,  what's it about?

Literally don't understand what's going on here.

It really is stupid from Gayle. It's like he expects play to stop as it is so he can get in the box.

Maybe if he was in his proper position and playing in and around the box, there wouldn't be a problem. He is not a right or left sided player never has been and never will be

Yeah sure, no one was saying he is, but it's just stupid what we're seeing. Just swap Fraser and Gayle around it makes more sense.