Players that we saw too little of

Superior Acuña

*Tin hat* Wouldn't have been against keeping Sibierski for longer.

Wow. I think you need body armour and a bomb-proof shelter for that one.

(I hope you're not kidding.)

Excluding those who left to further their careers or quit because of injury, I've never understood why we didn't see more of Acuna.

*Tin hat* Wouldn't have been against keeping Sibierski for longer.

Wow. I think you need body armour and a bomb-proof shelter for that one.

(I hope you're not kidding.).

:lol: Indeed. Fair play to anyone even having the guts to even mention the divisive Sibierski around these parts.

*after we sold Nobby.

Ah right. Not sure why that's a caveat, but I stand by my point re: Shearer.

I used that because those players were available from Jan 04 when we sold him. Think we’d have been better with those than playing Ambrose RM.

*after we sold Nobby.

Ah right. Not sure why that's a caveat, but I stand by my point re: Shearer.

I used that because those players were available from Jan 04 when we sold him. Think we’d have been better with those than playing Ambrose RM.

Bringing Ambrose into the equation definitely changes things. Canny, but no replacement for Nobby.

Thinking on this, didn't Sounness use Bellamy on the right, and wasn't that the original source of their disagreements?

Abdoulaye Faye. Thought he was good.

Best defender I've ever seen for winning headers. Keegan came in and dropped him and N'Zogbia for being miserable gits. I was disappointed but trusted Kev.

Guiseppe Rossi. We got him on loan and never played him. I always preferred him to Martins whose second touch was a header. Rossi was a much better footballer but I think Roeder felt obliged to play Obafemi because we'd paid 10mil for him.

Swear down I remember Rolando Aaron looking like he had a bright future barring injuries.

Was I seeing things?

I remember him retweeting something a fan said which was along the lines of Pardew kept on playing him in spite of him having injuries in the first few games of 14/15 to save his job. Which was probably the case, dragged us through that Palace home game which we still threw away.

Swear down I remember Rolando Aaron looking like he had a bright future barring injuries.

Was I seeing things?

I remember him retweeting something a fan said which was along the lines of Pardew kept on playing him in spite of him having injuries in the first few games of 14/15 to save his job. Which was probably the case, dragged us through that Palace home game which we still threw away.

That rings a bell. I seem to remember him regularly impacting the game when he played and getting highlighted on MOTD then just faded into nothing.

Fuck Pardew.

Klivurt

Hugo Vianna

Hamann

Rossi

Santon

Rossi is a good shout. Roeder loaning him and then never playing him only for him to go on and look amazing was as predictable as Bruce being shit.

Not going to be particularly popular, but Wijnaldum. Would like to have seen him in a decent Newcastle side.

I'd like to have seen him bother his arse for the team he was in

What, like Liverpool?

Not going to be particularly popular, but Wijnaldum. Would like to have seen him in a decent Newcastle side.

What, like Liverpool?

Newcastle obviously

What, like Liverpool?

Newcastle obviously

I thought Wijnaldum started off very well, clearly a very good player, but probably lost enthusiasm as the season wore on under McLaren. Thauvin was also obviously a better player than he showed at the time as well. Like I said, would like to have seen some of these players under a decent manager with a constructive buying policy.

What, like Liverpool?

Newcastle obviously

I thought Wijnaldum started off very well, clearly a very good player, but probably lost enthusiasm as the season wore on under McLaren. Thauvin was also obviously a better player than he showed at the time as well. Like I said, would like to have seen some of these players under a decent manager with a constructive buying policy.

He was there for the end of the season under Rafa as well and was so bad that Rafa dropped him for the crucial games

What, like Liverpool?

Newcastle obviously

He was there for the end of the season under Rafa as well and was so bad that Rafa dropped him for the crucial games

Not really suited to how Rafa sets his teams out, think he fit in with Klopp's CL winning side quite well though. Doesn't mean Rafa was wrong, and it doesn't mean Wijnaldum was a bad player either.

What, like Liverpool?

Newcastle obviously

I wrote a post that analysed every goal he scored in the 10-goal season, they were all inconsequential and mostly only when we were on TV. He really didn't care at all, and it showed.