Newcastle United 2-2 Tottenham Hotspur - 04/04/2021 - post-match from page 12

Disco

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Not his biggest fan, but he's at least got some fight in him. Bruce cutting his nose off to spite his face. 

Makes no sense why he wasn't in the team sooner if you wanted some fight, i guess the coward comment hurt, as the truth usually tends too when you're a useless tit.

If we attack like that with, Wilson, Willock, ASM and Miggy all starting, we should have no problem avoiding the drop. Problem is, will spam head actually put all of them in the starting 11 together?

Edited by mighty__mag

I'm not trying to overdo the negativity but that's the exact sort of performance/result you 'cheer' (I know no one's cheering), but it's still got relegation all over it. Spurs were there for the taking but we still couldn't put them away, but the manager will laud the improved performance. Aye it was an improvement on Brighton but, by all accounts, it couldn't have got any worse. 

Better than a defeat but very fearful it still won't be enough. 

4 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

Hate to say it but we deserved at least the point we got.

We did, I honestly think had we won you could argue that we deserved it.

If we had played like that throughout the season we would be safe. Play like that like the remainder of the season and we’ll be safe, we just rarely do play like that.

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

We did, I honestly think had we won you could argue that we deserved it.

If we had played like that throughout the season we would be safe. Play like that like the remainder of the season and we’ll be safe, we just rarely do play like that.

Both points spot on, if we did we would stay up but we won't play like it, so we need Fulham to be terrible for the next 8 games, which i don't think they will be.

Edited by Bimpy474

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I'm not trying to overdo the negativity but that's the exact sort of performance/result you 'cheer' (I know no one's cheering), but it's still got relegation all over it. Spurs were there for the taking but we still couldn't put them away, but the manager will laud the improved performance. Aye it was an improvement on Brighton but, by all accounts, it couldn't have got any worse. 

My thoughts too.

Papers over the cracks. Could still be in the bottom 3 at 6:30pm despite the point and half decent performance.

Guest neesy111
4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

We have to start winning games simple as.

Mmhmm. Echoes of 3-3 vs Manu, 2-2 vs Chelsea, 1-1 vs ManC the last time we went down. Spirited draws at home to much better opposition but ultimately not enough.

Fingers crossed we'll be alright. I do want us to stay up. :lol: And draws are perfect cos it means I don't have to swallow Bruce's shit-eating grin in such big mouthfuls. 

For me, today's game was another example of us looking rather decent owing to the opposition's lack of urgency and decision not to constantly press us  (this isn't to take anything away from our performance btw, just an observation).

When we are given the time and space to work openings, we do resemble a football team and that, in turn, comes with deserved rewards (with today, it was a draw at the very least and certainly, had we taken our chances away, we could have won and that would have been deserved).

4 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Fulham have more winnable games than us on paper. 

Could well be out of our hands before we play our last two games. Anything but 3 points against Burnley and I think we are done.

Think you over estimate Fulham, but we will see.

Another result that does nothing other than buy Bruce more time.

A draw isn’t good enough anymore and they were there for the taking.

In the short term it’s a fantastic result for Bruce and Luke Edwards. In the longer team, it’s another nail in out relegation coffin.

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

Another result that does nothing other than buy Bruce more time.

A draw isn’t good enough anymore and they were there for the taking.

In the short term it’s a fantastic result for Bruce and Luke Edwards. In the longer team, it’s another nail in out relegation coffin.

It could be a crucial point to be fair 

2 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Think you over estimate Fulham, but we will see.

Think they have more chance of picking up two or three wins than we do. Could see them beating Villa and Wolves before we even get on the pitch again. 

It should be a given, but it was nice to have an actually entertaining game for the first time in a long time. A contest.

Getting a point against teams near the top is good, but only if you are beating the teams near the bottom. Which we have not been doing or even trying to do. Any credit that could be given to Bruce today is vastly outweighed by him not even trying to beat West Brom. Today showed he has players who can get 4 or whatever xg against Spurs. Why the feck wasn't the same approach used against West Brom, Brighton, Palace, Villa, etc.?