Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

For the first time in years, I am tentatively optimistic.

Imo, we have the best squad when compared to Norwich, Sunderland and Palace. These have been coached over the last few years by McClaren, Pardew and Carver. We now have indisputably the best manager out of all of them. Improvement is evident in 9 days of Benitez, and we have an international break for him to get some of his ideas across. I believe that we can at least expect to see a gameplan, good tactical changes, commitment and improvement over the next 8 games.

I dont really believe that either the Sunderland game or the Norwich game were "must win", but "must-not-lose". We said the same countless times about other fixtures but football is not as simplistic as this. This was always going to be a huge game with the Derby aspect and the fact that both teams needed to win. The Norwich game will be similar- away from home and you would expect them to play like their lives depend on it. Sunderland also go away to Norwich and Palace play them as well- they cannot all win.

The points do need to come quickly- but I am thinking that the same "assumptions" of an automatic loss away from home under previous managers will not now apply. Aston Villa (A) should be 3 points. Southampton and Liverpool (A) and Man City (H)- tough fixtures but we may scrape a point or two or even a win. City have fallen off in form since we last played them and got thumped.

Tottenham (H)- league may be already won by Leicester on the last day.

Swansea (H)- should be looking for 3 points- they may be safe by this time with less urgency.

Palace (H)- should be looking for 3 points against a team falling off a cliff, having had some improvement from Benitez

We need a quick upturn, but shouldnt "assume" losses as we have done. Crystal Palace also have a very tough run in, and havent won in 13 games. They will need 2 wins or so from these tough fixtures.

If we beat Norwich and Palace, the landscape changes drastically.

I think whilst we were down and out 2 weeks ago, the Benitez appointment changed everything and the 3 teams above will be worried. All to play for.

Ok guys, the performance was nothing to write home about, but the result leaves us firmly in a fighting position. We are only 3 points behind Norwich with a game in hand against them, and we play them next. We have some very winnable games left. Let's not get too down about not winning.

The other positive with Palace is that if they keep losing they're in the shit, but if they get a win or two before we play them they'll have nothing to play for.

Especially if one of those is against Norwich.

Firmly stuck on a 9...would have dropped it to 8 had we won today, but our survival is not in our own hands in the same way that it is in Norwich's & Sunderland's. We LOOK a relegation side too, with a lack of pace, courage and skill throughout the side.

If we DO go down, it will be at least 3 years before we make a realistic challenge for promotion unless the club changes hands...Karren Brady's assessment of Ashley's running of the club was spot-on, as was her view that because of it, one of Britain's great clubs is heading for relegation.

To think that Norwich could be 6 points ahead of us already makes me depressed. Think it's a big possibility it will happen. All they need to do is turn up, play decently, and they'll win against our gutless pile. Just can't see us performing better after today. Need to play like we did against WBA.

We need the others to consistently drop points though I see the mackems going on another of their houdini runs again :anguish:

It's a canny complicated run-in. Our relegation rivals all play each other which may make it impossible to get out of this crap, what with us being behind them all.

It would be a dream for the scum and Palace to join Villa (sure that was my wish at the start of the season)...but it's possible Palace could be a game that sees us relegated. That would be unbearable.

On the plus side we have 3 of them to play which will be massive if we can get any wins from them. Swansea are probably just out of reach now but I reckon we can still take them at home, and Palace are still in it given their form. The game at Villa is gonna be an arse-clencher no doubt.

On yesterday's evidence I'd say the beasts look better equipped for a relegation scrap than we do and they are awful as well make no mistake. Norwich were the real winners though and worryingly they now know they can effectively relegate us in their next home game as well.

Norwich won for the 1st time in 11 games on Saturday. Not saying they are easy meat but doesn't make them superior to us. Though them being at home and us being shit away from home, it's easy to see they are clear favourites. Whether we can do a Leicester or not,  I really don't have any confidence we have it in us.

Still look pretty clueless going forward.  I can't see us winning at Norwich and whilst it was nice to finally stop losing to the fuckers.  Yesterday's result didn't help us at all.  Especially as Norwich won on Saturday. 

All the trademarks of a team walking toward relegation tonight.

- beaten without opposition doing much

- give away cheap FKs all over the shop

- create nowt

- looks fairly decent between the two goal areas without doing much

- slow, laboured build up without necessarily losing ball

- loads of pass backs to keeper

- wrong end of questionable decisions

Scarily accurate.  The bit in bold pisses me off.  Especially as Elliot's kicking is so brutal.  He just lofts it up in the air or slices it wide, all the while. 

I'm still at a 7.  We did better than I expected last night.  But it was similar to the Stoke game.  We should have got something from the game, yet we came away with a 1-0 loss.  Worrying.

Disco called it right.  Saw a lot of this again yesterday.

I think we were 7 minutes away from being as good as gone, was really surprised how shite we were first half but there is just a glimmer of hope now with that tiny bit of momentum and 2 more weeks training with Rafa...

I'm probably on an 8.

This may lighten the mood a little. Last season's table at around the same number of games.

Leicester were 4 points adrift of safety,whereas we are only 3 points adrift AND have a game in hand (and a better manager  ;) )

Also look at us,35 points after 30 games and it still came down to the last game of that season.

This season Palace have 33 after 30 games and Swansea have 36 after 31 games. They are definitely not safe yet.

http://s8.postimg.org/uxiscsqmd/image.png

If we can hit 38 points as long as we get wins from Norwich,Swansea and Palace,I think that will be enough.

Last season's table, at the same point in time, is encouraging; it shows the possibility of a (continued) tail spin bringing Palace into it, and of meaningful change helping us climb out. However, IMHO we really needed more from AFCB and SAFC games (4 or even 6 points, instead of 1). So now I can't see us getting more than 35 points. I don't think this will be enough.

Just looking at the fixtures, I have us (probably slightly optimistically), to get 13 pts by the end of the season, which would leave us with 38.

Hoping for wins against Norwich, Swansea, Palace and Villa, and a point at either Southampton or Liverpool. Doubt we'll get anything from either Man City or Spurs, but Man City are quite unpredictable at the moment, so who knows?!

Hopefully during this break we'll get some players back available, and the point gained on Sunday will be a boost fort he players, and they wont need 60-odd minutes, or to be a goal down to get going next time.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160322/e5a1513f5299c96a6a486f8a58fd1fba.jpg

Think we will do it still like. That's with a draw away to Norwich too.

Wins vs Villa, Swansea and Palace

Losses vs Liverpool, Southampton, Man City and Spurs

Draw away at Norwich

Had the mackems to beat West Bromwich, draw against Leicester, Norwich and at home to Chelsea then lose the rest.

Can only see Norwich getting 3 more points...all draws and two of them against us and the SMBs

Sorry about the size of the photo btw.

Aye, I'd say so...

Us at home (draw)

Palace away (hate to say it think Pards will win that one)

Sunderland at home (draw)

Watford at home (draw)

Arsenal away (loss)

Man U at home (loss)

Everton away (loss)

That was my prediction anyways. Maybe a bit harsh on them?

An interesting table from one of our forums

2016 Table by points gained in 2016

27 Leicester

26 Spurs

23 Soton

21 Hammers

21 Chelsea

20 Man U

18 BMouth

17 Swansea

17 Stoke

16 Arsenal